Author Topic: Bonds of Elswick - The report  (Read 3775 times)

BelleVueShrew

Bonds of Elswick - The report
« on: October 05, 2010, 10:32:54 PM »
A few weeks ago I started a thread entitled "Your favourite ice cream parlour"

Bonds of Elswick received a couple of mentions. I must admit I had never heard of them. However, I decided further investigation was required bearing in mind my wife and children are ice cream connoisseurs!!  ;D

So, when we were up on holiday the other week, I took the family for a surprise visit.

It is a little off the beaten track, hence why I'm sure as a holiday maker I had not heard of it previously. We were staying at the Burbage Lodge on Queens Promenade, Bispham and directions from there have the mileage at just over 10 (see directions below)

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&rlz=1W1GGLL_en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=0,0,12773610752449903171&fb=1&hq=bonds+of+elswick&gl=uk&daddr=Bonds+Ln,+Elswick,+PRESTON,+Lancashire+PR4+3ZE&geocode=5280054347662912132,53.840945,-2.875187&ei=wo6rTPaJGJWA4QahrZHnBw&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=directions-to&resnum=2&ved=0CA8QngIwAQ

Thank heavens for Sat Nav as I never noticed any sign posts pointing us in the right direction and it is in the countryside. However, Bint (as I call our Sat Nav ;D) didn't let us down and on arriving at our destination I immediately knew that we were onto something special here.

Drawing into the car park there were already many vehicles pulled up, which told the story of how popular Bonds is.

There is a cafe, which is now known as Bond's Ice Cream Bar (it also serves sundaes, desserts, teas, coffes and soft drinks) as well as a restaurant attached, which looked magnificent with an inviting menu.

Alternatively you could just visit the ice cream kiosk, which has a far greater selection of ice creams than is on offer in the cafe (although unfortunately we didn't find this out until after as we made straight for the cafe).

It may well be that you could request any of the ice creams that were being served from the kiosk to eat in the cafe, something to ask next time.

We all chose something different and I couldn't resist having the Kendal Mint Cake. We were all very impressed with our offerings and were each dipping into each others!!  ;D

Is it better than Notarianni (which had my vote as the best ice cream parlour ever)? That isn't possible for me to answer here. I really should have had the original as that would be the only way to make a fair comparison.

What I can say is that it is well worth the effort to visit. Oh and do make sure you step inside the little shop before leaving with all its sweets, jams, preserves and of course ice cream.

For more info, see their website below

http://www.bondsofelswick.co.uk/
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 11:06:20 PM by BelleVueShrew »

Proud Salopian (With a part of the heart in Blackpool)

admin

Re: Bonds of Elswick - The report
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 10:59:10 PM »
Brilliant BVS... 8) 8) 8)

You are fast becoming a legend Sir.. 8) 8) 8) 8)

10 Applause's awarded.. 8)

Britcitchris

• Media Manager And Unofficial Duke Of Norfolk
  • Valued Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 11:03:14 PM »
A great write up. Sounds delicious! I remember finding an ice cream parlour like that in the Lake District. Fantastic!

Chris.

BelleVueShrew

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 11:08:47 PM »
Thank you both, glad you enjoyed it.

Thanks for the  applauses too Peter. Are they like Nectar Points, if so how many do I need for a

admin

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 11:19:12 PM »

Thanks for the  applauses too Peter. Are they like Nectar Points, if so how many do I need for a

BelleVueShrew

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 11:33:28 PM »

admin

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010, 11:34:47 PM »
^^^ I know you was.. :P :P

Seriously I will be awarding prizes out at some stage.. 8)

Britcitchris

• Valued Poster
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2010, 08:38:11 AM »
Dibbs on the cuddly toy! ;D

Chris.

admin

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2010, 08:53:03 AM »
Dibbs on the cuddly toy! ;D

Chris.

Cuddly Toy.. :D :D you could also have prizes like these.. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqQUykywlCI

Britcitchris

• Valued Poster
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2010, 09:23:59 AM »
 :D Brilliant! :D

Should I be lucky enough to win, I'll take the 'respect and admiration of my peers,' please Peter! Failing that, the cuddly toy! :P

Chris.

ericbee123

• I am not a number.
    • Blackpool & Layton Angling Society
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2010, 09:42:15 AM »
Great report from a great place.

Should have mentioned -- get your ice cream from the outside sales window !

If you ever in Poulton again, ask your friend Sam to take you to the ice cream shop with many flavours opposite the Teanlowe carpark -- don't know it's name, she will know it though, great selection of different flavours, last year they did a summer special ice cream which was to die for -- I cannot describe the taste or what was in it -- it had everything in it and tasted like nothing else.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a prison for oneself.

BelleVueShrew

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2010, 10:18:35 AM »
Great report from a great place.

Should have mentioned -- get your ice cream from the outside sales window !

If you ever in Poulton again, ask your friend Sam to take you to the ice cream shop with many flavours opposite the Teanlowe carpark -- don't know it's name, she will know it though, great selection of different flavours, last year they did a summer special ice cream which was to die for -- I cannot describe the taste or what was in it -- it had everything in it and tasted like nothing else.

Cheers Eric. I will ask her about that one.

With regards Bonds, can you get your ice cream from the kiosk and take it inside to eat in the cafe then?