Author Topic: Thunder Looper Alton Towers..  (Read 2965 times)

admin

Thunder Looper Alton Towers..
« on: October 10, 2010, 10:22:48 PM »
Who remembers Thunder Looper at Alton Towers..?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEsQC_8BLMA

Britcitchris

• Media Manager And Unofficial Duke Of Norfolk
  • Valued Poster
Re: Thunder Looper Alton Towers..
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 08:48:02 AM »
I lloved Thunder Looper. It was an awe inspiring thrill ride ;D I have ridden it many, many times! Mind you, I would have a long way to travel to ride it now, as I believe it is in Chile!

I can bore you with two interesting things related to Thunder Looper. A friend of mine was there for the official opening by none other than Frank Bruno and the other is a personal experience from one of my many rides on it... I took a friend to Alton Towers back in the early 90's as he had never been. He loved the park but he did a very unusual thing on Thunder Looper. It was his first ever ride on it and we were sat right at the front. The train launched and just as we were about to start the climb into the massive loop, he ducked! He explained afterwards that he thought we were going to crash!! :D

Chris.

John W

Re: Thunder Looper Alton Towers..
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 09:48:54 PM »
Hi

Thunder looper was a great ride and its still a standard ride that you can find in lots of places about the world 8)
I prefer it to the revolution and the fact it had lap bars was great.
The two rides arent that different its just one was a launch loop,travel up the spike and backwards where as the Revoulution goes launched into loop and then travels into loop backwards.
John