Author Topic: Video Games  (Read 12137 times)

Britcitchris

• Media Manager And Unofficial Duke Of Norfolk
  • Valued Poster
Video Games
« on: April 17, 2010, 11:17:54 PM »
Are you a  gamer? Many people are, including myself. I grew up with the birth of video games and am still into them,  even now! I love a bit of retro gaming (just received today an almost mint condition copy of Crazy Taxi for my Dreamcast for

Britcitchris

• Valued Poster
Re: Video Games
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 11:27:55 PM »
Top pics, Alex! It certainly seems you are an all rounder gamer! I also had an Amiga and loved it to bits.

Chris.

Chris mowbray

• Forum Supporter
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 11:28:34 PM »
Brilliant.. 8) 8)
You cant beat the older games.. 8)

Alex

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 11:30:05 PM »
Brilliant.. 8) 8)
I know but i still like the likes of Call of duty and fifa! 

Britcitchris

• Valued Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2010, 11:38:20 PM »
Brilliant.. 8) 8)
I know but i still like the likes of Call of duty and fifa! 

Oh, agreed!  The Fifa and Call Of Duty series are brilliant games.

Chris.

Tango10

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2010, 12:09:16 AM »
Pretty much the same as everyone else to be honest. I go the Xbox 360, play at couple of online games now and again, then some morning's go on RCT3 and do some of my park that I'm building.

JR Ewing

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2010, 09:46:00 AM »
Saw the bargain of all bargains yesterday in Cash Converters in Falkirk. A mint copy of Daytona USA: Championship Circuit Edition (i.e. the good one) for the Sega Saturn for just 50p !!!

I've loved games ever since my Gran got me a Sinclair Spectrum - rubber keyed - for Christmas 1983. For the first 3 years it was played on a Black and White portable but I absolutely adored it.

These days, well, there is just one game which has completely taken over my life !! The sublime Yakuza 3 for the PS3. Never been so hooked on a game's storyline as I have with this one. One minute you're caring - and I really mean caring - for the Orphans at the Orphanage you run on Okinawa. The next you're taking on gangs of 100+ Yakuza ! It's absolutely immense and an undoubted MUST buy for all PS3 owners.

Britcitchris

• Valued Poster
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2010, 09:49:26 AM »
Saw the bargain of all bargains yesterday in Cash Converters in Falkirk. A mint copy of Daytona USA: Championship Circuit Edition (i.e. the good one) for the Sega Saturn for just 50p !!!

I've loved games ever since my Gran got me a Sinclair Spectrum - rubber keyed - for Christmas 1983. For the first 3 years it was played on a Black and White portable but I absolutely adored it.

These days, well, there is just one game which has completely taken over my life !! The sublime Yakuza 3 for the PS3. Never been so hooked on a game's storyline as I have with this one. One minute you're caring - and I really mean caring - for the Orphans at the Orphanage you run on Okinawa. The next you're taking on gangs of 100+ Yakuza ! It's absolutely immense and an undoubted MUST buy for all PS3 owners.

50p?!!! Fantastic! I'd  like to get  the dc version but it's expensive.

Chris.

JR Ewing

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2010, 11:57:10 AM »
The Dreamcast version was awesome.

Still hoping Sega will bring out a version for Playstation Network like they did with OutRun.

An online version of Daytona would have me positively foaming at the mouth !

Anyway, a quick trip back in time.

Brilliant Atari advert from 1978 ! - check out those graphics !!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePPJaC0h1RQ&feature=related

Or the advert announcing the arrival of the (rubbish) Sinclair Spectrum +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh0g73JvFbo

(rubber keys were much better !)

And a Currys commercial advertising the Spectrum +2 for a mere

Britcitchris

• Valued Poster
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2010, 12:19:00 AM »
Fifa  2010  World Cup - Will you get it? I tried the demo tonight  for the ps3.  Amazing graphics,  brilliant, dynamic  camera  angles and replays, incredible polish and I just love the  theme  song. Playwise,  it's typical Fifa.   It  just might  have to be done.....

Chris.

stealth womble

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2010, 12:28:00 AM »
I bought a new fangled PS3 on the night of its launch.

i was so impressed its still in its box, unopened.

Kryn

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2010, 01:22:21 AM »
How much do you want for it?

JR Ewing

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2010, 06:29:43 AM »
Fifa  2010  World Cup - Will you get it? I tried the demo tonight  for the ps3.  Amazing graphics,  brilliant, dynamic  camera  angles and replays, incredible polish and I just love the  theme  song. Playwise,  it's typical Fifa.   It  just might  have to be done.....

Chris.

To be honest I wasn't that taken with it. Just Fifa 10 with newer teams and actual World Cup stadiums. Still EA have gotten away with this sort of guff for the best part of 16 years now so I'm sure it will storm to the top of the charts.

It's just a shame when you see brilliant games like ICO, Yakuza, Resonance of Fate etc all struggling for daring to be original.

Britcitchris

• Valued Poster
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2010, 08:03:31 AM »

Chris.

To be honest I wasn't that taken with it. Just Fifa 10 with newer teams and actual World Cup stadiums. Still EA have gotten away with this sort of guff for the best part of 16 years now so I'm sure it will storm to the top of the charts.

It's just a shame when you see brilliant games like ICO, Yakuza, Resonance of Fate etc all struggling for daring to be original.

Yes,  that's the thing   with footy games  like  Fifa and PES;  original they are not.

Britcitchris

• Valued Poster
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2010, 08:27:14 AM »
When was your last  retro  session? (Question  for anyone!)

Mine was last yesterday. Brought the dreamcast down and played  some Crazy Taxi and Virtua Striker 2. I love VS2. Against the cpu it's rock hard (almost off puttingly so) but against a human player, it makes for a sublime multiplayer experience.  Also  tried  the Namco Museum demo  (ps3) and  thought it was  great!

Chris.