Author Topic: The Ashes  (Read 1879 times)

BelleVueShrew

Re: The Ashes
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2010, 01:02:25 AM »
The owd girl has chickened out the invitation of watching humiliation.

I have my second bottle of wine cracked open, plus another box file of documents from my parents house for company. Yep, I'm going to attempt a second consecutive all nighter.

COMEONENGLAND!!!!!!

Proud Salopian (With a part of the heart in Blackpool)

BelleVueShrew

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2010, 11:54:03 PM »
I fell asleep sometime after 3am this morning with Pietersen and Collingwood at the crease.

When I woke up around 5am, rain had seen the abandonment of play for the day. Bloody Aussie weather!!

Play starts half an hour earlier at 11.30pm UK time. I have work again tomorrow (both jobs) I will stay up for the firs hour or two, but had better not attempt another all nighter I think!

By the way, England lead by 307 runs. I think they wil try and pile the runs on and declare pretty quickly. Let's hope the weather remains kind - to be honest I have normally prayed for rain in Australia, this is a new one on me  ;D  :D   

BelleVueShrew

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2010, 03:29:27 AM »
1-0 to the Engerland!!!!  ;D  8)  ;D  8)  ;D

Didn't even have to stay up late. It was all over just before 1am UK time as the limp Aussies were put out of their misery.

An innings and 71 runs. The first time the Ozaliens have been beaten at home by an innings since 1993 (W.Indies).

Rolf Harris; Dame Edna; Les Paterson; Jason Donavon; Kylie; Dannii; Mr & Mrs Mynogue; the Mynogue family dog; Joe Bugner (yeah you reckon you're an Aussie now so lump it); Rickeeeee Ponting; Harry Kewell; Mark Viduka; The Waugh brothers; The cast of Prisoner Cell Block H. . . . .

You're boys took one HELL of a BEATING

BelleVueShrew

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2010, 02:11:53 PM »
This is a good read from the Sydney Morning Herald. Very funny too.  ;D  ;D  ;D

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/the-ashes-forget-it--this-side-would-be-lucky-to-beat-bangladesh-20101207-18oct.html