Author Topic: The Ashes - 3rd Test  (Read 1423 times)

BelleVueShrew

Re: The Ashes - 3rd Test
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2010, 04:30:30 AM »
I seriously didn't know the score when I posted the above.

I now wish it had remained that way!!!!!!!!!!!!

They think it's all over. . . . . . it is now!

Australia win by 267 runs before lunch on day 4. Funnily enough Linda has remained awake to watch the final death knell.

Trott top scored for England with 31, next best was Bell on a depressing 16 as England wimpered out for 123 - as easy as for the Aussies. Harris taking 6-47 with Mitchel Johnson, the real thorn in the side taking another 3 wickets to add to the 6 he took in the first innings and his knock of 62.

It's game on as we go to Melbourne on Bxing Day.

Proud Salopian (With a part of the heart in Blackpool)

admin

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2010, 09:31:53 AM »
I think to be honest this was a good wake up call for England.
They thought that Australia was going to be a walk over in this test match, I think that the scoreline will be reversed in Melbourne.. Did I tell you that I have close Family in Melbourne and they live quite close to the MCG stadium.. 8)

BelleVueShrew

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2010, 10:40:17 AM »
^ ^ ^ ^ No, I wasn't aware of that Peter.

I used to work with a lad who left and then moved to Melbourne having met a girl from there when she was over in England.

We have kept in touch and they have been to stay with us when we go over to Sydney and we have been to Melbourne to stay with them.

I have done the tour of the MCG and it is amazing, steeped in history. Have you everr been Peter?

If not, and you ever get the chance, I would urge you to do it.

Funnily enough, the same year (2000) we also toured the newly built Sydney Olympic Stadium. It was pretty much finished in time for that years summer olympics. As impressive as it was, it was no match for the MCG as it hadn't got the advantage of history within it.

Proud Salopian (With a part of the heart in Blackpool)