Author Topic: On TV  (Read 14332 times)

Alex

On TV
« on: April 18, 2010, 10:05:26 PM »
This Thread is for you to share what you are Watching on Tv.....

Discuss!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 08:10:30 PM by Alex »

JR Ewing

Re: on TV
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 10:14:42 PM »
I have to say I wouldn't even cross the road to watch that man. I never "got" Mock the Week and his stand-up stuff just seems to be offensive for the sake of it.

I dont really watch much TV these days if I am being honest. If I'm not online on the forums I'll be on the PS3 !

TV treats for me these days include Doctor Who - more to come on that later -, Total Wipeout (USA), Come Dine With Me and Hells Kitchen USA. The final for Hells Kitchen USA is on ITV 2 tomorrow night.

I do wish Gordon Ramsay would do another series of his Kitchen Nightmares though.

Anyway, Doctor Who....

I have been utterly blown away by how good a start to Matt Smith's reign as the Doctor has been. The only things I didnt like at first were the new tune and titles. However, even both of them have grown on me and I absoluely love them.

Matt Smith has effortlessly slipped into the role of the Time Lord and it's refreshing to see that the overacting of the Tennant Doctor is now a thing of the past. He's like Troughton and Tom Baker rolled into one and that's no bad thing. In Amy Pope we also have a completely believable and likeable sidekick.

Yesterdays episode was superb and the new look Daleks are simply awesome.

I'm still a huge fan of the "classic" series, but am now well and truly hooked on the new ones too. Of course it will still be difficult for them to ever eclipse the Pertwee saga "Inferno" - a DVD any Doctor Who fan should own.

stealth womble

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 10:30:23 PM »
Sorry ,... What, What,...WHAT.

I had to pour copious amounts of bleach into my eyes { dont try that at home kids } to try and burn the image of the Moffs multi coloured Daleks from my vision, they were hideous the classic pepperpot shape has been totally bastardised for the sake of selling a few new toys, Raymond Cussick must be horrified at what they did to his creation, { and after a quick check, he was }

yup Matt is shaping up nicely to be the best Doctor { since the er... last er best Doctor lol }  but he aint getting much help from the likes of Moffat and Gatiss.

Britcitchris

• Media Manager And Unofficial Duke Of Norfolk
  • Valued Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 11:14:27 PM »
I thought the latest episode of Dr Who was brilliant but not the best Daleks episode.....Like Mr Womble, I did not like the multi coloured Daleks, either.

Chris.

JR Ewing

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 06:24:18 PM »
I really do appear to be in a minority. BBC have actually received around 70 complaints about the new Daleks !!

Some people do need to get a life, or at least some kind of grip sometimes !!

I've actually watched the episode again today. Didnt feel quite as strong the 2nd time around (Bill Paterson is a terrible actor - wont forgive him for Ally Fraser !!) but still more enjoyable than most of the offerings under the past Doctor.

As for the new look Daleks. Sorry but I still love 'em !

Perhaps they should try not have the Daleks on the show quite so often though. That said they're still better than the Cybermen !!

Alex

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 10:02:18 PM »
facejackers on tonight  :)

Britcitchris

• Valued Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2010, 10:03:35 PM »
[quote author=Alex

JR Ewing

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2010, 12:08:27 PM »
I watched a bit of that last night and must admit I pissed myself laughing at it. The art class sketch was hilarious.

Away from that I watched Death Wish 5 for the first (and last) time. I love Death Wish 2 - one of my favourite films of all time - but god Number 5 was terrible ! Might have been the wine and Drambuie combination but I fell asleep through it and missed about half an hour of it too.

For tonight it's all about Sky Plus. We're off to celebrate our nephew's 1st birthday today and with the sun set to shine there's going to be a lot of drink drunk today so wont be watching much telly tonight.

Enjoying my 2nd glass of red for the day already. I dont have a problem....honest ! :P

Britcitchris

• Valued Poster
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2010, 02:15:55 PM »
It's brilliant that 80's legend Steve Davis is on the come  back trail. In fact, I think it's brilliant!

Chris.

Britcitchris

• Valued Poster
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2010, 02:20:54 PM »
Steve Davis: The Ginger Ninja! ;D ;D ;D

Alex

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2010, 09:31:07 PM »
top gears on just now
very funny ;D

JR Ewing

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2010, 09:40:40 PM »
top gears on just now
very funny ;D

Is it a new series ?

If so then that's going to be job for BBC iPlayer tomorrow !! The last series was awful though.

Alex

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2010, 09:56:00 PM »
top gears on just now
very funny ;D

Is it a new series ?

If so then that's going to be job for BBC iPlayer tomorrow !! The last series was awful though.

no its an old one when they go to america

Britcitchris

• Valued Poster
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2010, 08:29:32 AM »
This weekend had some ace tv. Loved Britain's Got Talent and Dr Who, which  for the  first time in a long,  long time, I found pretty chilling and  scary.

Chris.

Britcitchris

• Valued Poster
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2010, 08:51:07 PM »
Three In A Bed - documentary where bed and breakfasts owners test each other out. It's very good and last week featured Blackpool's exclusive "Number One".  Excellent tv.

Chris.