Author Topic: Derby Baths Blackpool  (Read 20120 times)

admin

Re: Derby Baths Blackpool
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2011, 09:46:49 PM »
Brilliant..oh I  miss Derby Baths.. :(

admin

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2011, 10:30:00 PM »
Just found a few more images lurking around on an old hard drive.. :tongue_smilie:

Those boards were amazing.. :tongue_smilie:

Copyright Live In Blackpool..

BelleVueShrew

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2011, 11:41:43 PM »
The top one looks like the interior of the new tram depot!! Anyone for ten pin bowling?  :biggrin:

Proud Salopian (With a part of the heart in Blackpool)

Blackpoolghosts

• Live In Blackpool Paranormal Expert.
    • Blackpool Ghosts
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2011, 12:41:07 AM »
well we have some on my facebook group just type in Blackpool's past , LOADS  of old picys  :drool:

BelleVueShrew

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2011, 01:55:34 PM »
It would be ace if you could download some on here Juliette. I'm not on Facebook  :(

Proud Salopian (With a part of the heart in Blackpool)

WyldeFyre

• Valued Poster
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2013, 12:30:20 PM »

PETER MOWBRAY

• Live In Blackpool Ltd
  • Admin
  • Live In Blackpool Ltd
    • Welcome to Live In Blackpool, I hope you like it..x
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2013, 11:42:14 PM »
Didn't get chance to officially welcome you, you are like a breath of fresh air...welldone for finding this  :thumbup1:
BRINGING THE BEST REVIEWS AND BLOGS/VLOGS 

WyldeFyre

• Valued Poster
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2013, 07:32:00 PM »
As this topic has had such a huge amount of views, and the baths seem to bring back so many happy memories for so many people, here is a little more footage of the baths from yesteryear.  :thumbup:

http://www.britishpathe.com/video/victory-in-swimming/query/blackpool
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 08:29:03 PM by WyldeFyre »

WyldeFyre

• Valued Poster
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2013, 08:21:49 PM »
Oh....and I forgot to say Peter...thank you very much for the welcome. I love this site, especially the shared memories of times gone by. I was born and lived all my life in Blackpool. Having done well in business I retired a few years ago at the grand old age of 47 and now live in a beautiful place on the southern coast of Spain. So when I get those little homesick moments, this is the first site I log onto to read a few of the comments and catch up with any new developments that are happening. I get to come back to Blackpool maybe once, twice a year, and one observation I would like to make is how quickly the town is changing. Each time I come and go to visit a store that store is no longer there. If I turn to drive down a road it's now a pedestrian area. If I plan a journey somewhere from memory I'm in big trouble because the road layouts have changed and I can't go a certain way because it's now a one-way system !! It's not a very important point, but it does emphasise the fact that the Blackpool we see nowadays is not the Blackpool we all hold in our memories. This is why the "History" section here is so fascinating. I had entirely forgotten about the seedy little café right at the top of the stairs behind the diving boards, and it was only when I read Alan m's comment about having a toast and a Bovril after a swim that I remembered my friends and I did that also, and now it is one of my favourite memories. A memory that no doubt would have been forever lost had it not been for this site. So a big thank you from me and keep up the good work  :thumbup1:

WyldeFyre

• Valued Poster
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2013, 08:50:09 PM »
Oh...and whilst I am in a posting mood, here is one of Derby baths poorer younger cousin, which I believe I mentioned in an earlier post, the long forgotten Cocker St baths. Gents changing rooms upstairs, ladies downstairs if I remember correctly.

http://www.blackpool4me.com/blackpool4me/templates/viewimage.aspx?Iguid=%7B85D17292-1138-49F6-8248-CC9D407C041D%7D
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 08:52:50 PM by WyldeFyre »

PETER MOWBRAY

• Live In Blackpool Ltd
  • Admin
  • Live In Blackpool Ltd
    • Welcome to Live In Blackpool, I hope you like it..x
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2013, 09:46:12 PM »
Oh....and I forgot to say Peter...thank you very much for the welcome. I love this site, especially the shared memories of times gone by. I was born and lived all my life in Blackpool. Having done well in business I retired a few years ago at the grand old age of 47 and now live in a beautiful place on the southern coast of Spain. So when I get those little homesick moments, this is the first site I log onto to read a few of the comments and catch up with any new developments that are happening. I get to come back to Blackpool maybe once, twice a year, and one observation I would like to make is how quickly the town is changing. Each time I come and go to visit a store that store is no longer there. If I turn to drive down a road it's now a pedestrian area. If I plan a journey somewhere from memory I'm in big trouble because the road layouts have changed and I can't go a certain way because it's now a one-way system !! It's not a very important point, but it does emphasise the fact that the Blackpool we see nowadays is not the Blackpool we all hold in our memories. This is why the "History" section here is so fascinating. I had entirely forgotten about the seedy little café right at the top of the stairs behind the diving boards, and it was only when I read Alan m's comment about having a toast and a Bovril after a swim that I remembered my friends and I did that also, and now it is one of my favourite memories. A memory that no doubt would have been forever lost had it not been for this site. So a big thank you from me and keep up the good work  :thumbup1:

Its a pleasure mate, I try and update as often as I can..I am going more for quality posts rather than quantity these days..
Its quite popular with ex-pats like yourself..thankyou

Peter
BRINGING THE BEST REVIEWS AND BLOGS/VLOGS