Author Topic: Darts - Sky Sports Premier League  (Read 1354 times)

BelleVueShrew

Darts - Sky Sports Premier League
« on: February 24, 2011, 02:18:06 PM »
Anyone else a fan?

I work Thursday nights but will normally catch some or all of the re-run of the evenings games.

Further info below with results from the first two weeks and the forthcoming fixtures from around the country

http://www.skysports.com/darts/fixtureresults/0,22836,12290_13,00.html

Proud Salopian (With a part of the heart in Blackpool)

admin

Re: Darts - Sky Sports Premier League
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 10:51:34 AM »
We watched the match last night.. :thumbup1:

Taylor is amazing.. :tongue_smilie:

BelleVueShrew

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 11:33:53 AM »
Last night Sky didn't do their normal early hours re-run (on today at 1pm, so no good as at work).

I did see the pick of the checkouts on Sky Sports News and indeed Taylor was looking awesome Peter. I see he was 6-0 up before Barney won 3 on the trot to avoid a whitewash. Taylor won 8-3 in the end.

He said in his interview after that he knows he has only got a few years left and he just wants to enjoy it now while he can and play with a smile on his face.

Personally I don't think he will lose that uber competitiveness he has, you can't switch it off just like that. He is still the man to beat and the one the rest must try to match on consistency.

I think Garry Anderson is more or less there now. He seems to finally have overcome his inability to hit doubles, having hit the 140's and 180's to get there. I am glad he is now doing so well. The guy is infectious, always playing with a huge smile on his face  :thumbup1:

The Lewis's and Wade's of this world however still lack that consistency. Long may it continue too - there is something about both of them with the way that they carry themselves that makes me dislike them.

BelleVueShrew

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 11:20:04 PM »
I've just switched over from the Man City Europa League game on ITV4 to catch the very end of the Taylor V Anderson match in this weeks round of games.

Phil won 8-6 to move level on points with Gary at the top of the table.

Wade is bottom!  :laugh: