Author Topic: Lightwater Valley 24/4/11  (Read 2719 times)

Kryn

Lightwater Valley 24/4/11
« on: April 24, 2011, 11:13:16 PM »
I am always aprehensive of small parks - after dissapointing visits to places like Drayton Manor Park and Camelot Theme Park. So my very first visit to Lightwater Valley (LWV from now on) was visited with a open mind.

Upon entering the park I thought I had mis-read the entrance signs and walked into a garden centre, but then quickly relaised that it was infact a garden centre and was at the entrance to the park.

LWV is a park for all ages, complete with a large childrens area upon entering the park with an abundance of rides including chair-o-planes, dodgems and a traditional carousel. The KMG afterburner "Eagles Claw" is hidden up the back of this area with only really a sign directing you to it, I do believe Whirlwind (last years model) was located up here too for the season too.

Into the main park what a surprise, a beautiful place, very picturesque and bustling with people, the atmosphere was amazing from the moment you entered the place and every body was having a great time either riding or soaking up the gorgeous sunshine on the lawned areas.

Skeleton Cove looks amazing, very well themed and a ideal addition to the park, shame to see the Breakdance running on half capacity and Black Pearls backflash looks horrendous and needs to either go completely or be re painted. The rest of the area was faultless.

Onto The Ultimate - now I have heard mixed opinions of this from crap to amazing so there was only one way to find out! The station is just fantastic I have never heard such a array of cheesy music blasting from a station anywhere - but you know what? It worked and it worked well it seemed to fit in well and I dont know why. Onto the ride and WOW think it might have knocked Blue Fire off my favourite coaster ever, there is no point comparing this coaster to others as there isnt another that I know off anywhere in the world.

Its fast, intense, painfull and extremeley fun! - Re-rided 4 times after and each time got better and better! - Its true it definatly does warm up in the afternoon.

The next attraction for me was Raptor Attack, this ride used to be "The Rat" and is a indoor coaster, the coaster section is "ok" and is better than Temple of the Nighthawk at Phantasialand but the queueline is something else, its basically a sewer and it actually does look like one and you really feel like you are in one attention to detail was amazing and for a small park had theming on a level of those seen in european parks.

The staff at LWV are some of the best I have encounted at a park, friendly chatty and polite, the roaming magician was also very very good and had us all dumb-founded with his tricks. LWV is a park that needs to be visited to make your own decision on - personally mine is that I would prefer it over anything else in this country due to its relaxed atmosphere and caring attitude.

Some let downs were the toilets were not in the best order, but was told just that was due to only a small amount of staff in to look after the cleaning - and the food isnt the best, whilst its "ok" and does the job I think there is definatly a need for something like a outdoor BBQ.

All in all a fantatsic day with lots more rides done, but no time to comment on.

We had (through contacts) the chance to go on special walk next to ultimate photos below Enjoy ;)

admin

Re: Lightwater Valley 24/4/11
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 11:52:55 PM »
An amazing in depth report Kryn.. :thumbup1:

The pictures of The Ultimate are some of the finest, that I have ever seen.. :tongue_smilie:

How did you get so close..?

Kryn

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 11:56:04 PM »
How did you get so close..?

Contacts ;) lol

Alex

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 09:41:01 AM »
Great Report, LVW Have been great in responding to fans this year and skeleton cove looks great. Is the Black Pearls Cycle still quite bad, when it was at Loudon it was.

Kryn

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 06:58:40 PM »
More photos.

Britcitchris

• Media Manager And Unofficial Duke Of Norfolk
  • Valued Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 10:54:00 PM »
Utterly stunning photos :thumbup:

Chris.

BelleVueShrew

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2011, 03:07:10 AM »
Excuse my ignorance, and yes, I could google it, but for the benefit of me and others like me, where is Lightwater Valley please?

Proud Salopian (With a part of the heart in Blackpool)

Kryn

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2011, 07:26:30 PM »
Ripon, North Yorkshire.

Britcitchris

• Media Manager And Unofficial Duke Of Norfolk
  • Valued Poster
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2011, 11:10:35 PM »
I really miss The Ultimate. It's a fantastic coaster (if a bit painful on the latter section of the ride!)

I'd love to go back one day but North Yorkshire from Norfolk, is an awful long way....

Chris.

BelleVueShrew

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2011, 06:34:34 PM »
Ripon, North Yorkshire.

Cheers Kryn  :thumbup1:

Proud Salopian (With a part of the heart in Blackpool)