Author Topic: Legoland Good Friday 2011 (picture heavy)  (Read 1983 times)

Britcitchris

• Media Manager And Unofficial Duke Of Norfolk
  • Valued Poster
Legoland Good Friday 2011 (picture heavy)
« on: May 01, 2011, 11:28:04 PM »
With our Merlin passes, we took the opportunity to visit Legoland in the Easter holidays. We have been there several times and really enjoy the park :thumbup1:

Quite rarely for us, we were up and organised early and thanks to a very quiet M25, we arrived at the park, almost an hour before it opened :w00t:

We were the fifth car to arrive!

Legoland is very close to Heathrow Airport.

People start arriving.

Staff getting ready. There was a 'Where's Wally' theme.

On the Hill train.

From past experience, we always remembered Driving School having huge queues, so we took Ben to it first.
Ben receives instructions.

..and gets to drive!

This member of staff was brilliant and made the kids really laugh.

We all went on Boating School. It's a brilliant ride!

The park was still quiet during the first hour. We moved on to Fire Academy. This is a great attraction where you all have to work as a team to put out a pretend fire. Someone has to drive the engine, whilst others provide the power to move it. Then you get out and control the hose whilst someone else pumps the water. Once the fire is out, it's back in the engine and repeat the first steps to get the engine back to the starting point. Brilliant fun :thumbup1:

Lydia and I took Ben on these Hot Air Balloons (sorry, I forgot the name.)  These are really good and you control the height.

Then it was time to get wet and cool down. The park was busy now and we had some queueing to do, but it was worth it. As Ben is a metre now, he was able to ride everything. Brilliant! :thumbup1: :thumbup1:
Vikings River Splash. A superbly themed and very turbulent rapids. It's short but excellent and we all got wet!

We rode Pirate Falls next, which is a log flume. It was my first time on it and I thought it was excellent. No pictures of it sorry, but here is a shot of a wet family after two excellent water rides.

Jolly Rocker.

Then it was time for my favourite ride, the Dragon Coaster. It's an awesome family coaster that is set inside a mock castle. For me, it's the park's iconic ride and Ben loved riding it, too.

Ben was excited for me to take him on Dragon's Apprentice. It was a fast, fun little version of Dragon Coaster.

We queued an hour for Laser Raiders and to be honest, it wasn't worth the wait. Despite the queue being brilliantly themed, the organisation of the queue was horrific. There were also some families behind us that were letting their kids get really annoying in the queue and they even let them climb onto Lego models and pull them about. I was horrified!

Ben and Debbie went on Digger Challenge.
Instructional video first.

We walked around Mini Land, where the famous models are.

Some shots as we made our way to the exit.

There are some amazing views of the Berkshire countryside from Legoland.
Windsor Castle from afar.

..and zoomed in.

In the Lego shop, I spotted this rather cool piece of kit.

Kane helps Ben to create his own Lego people.

We had an amazing day out at Legoland. There is so much to do and getting there early, definitely helped get a fairly good ride count. There is so much to see and do at Legoland, but you really need a two day visit though!

Chris.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 11:35:13 PM by Britcitchris »

admin

Re: Legoland Good Friday 2011 (picture heavy)
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 12:10:14 AM »
A brilliant report Chris, Legoland is an amazing place to visit, were the ques ok, as it was Good Friday..?

Britcitchris

• Media Manager And Unofficial Duke Of Norfolk
  • Valued Poster
Re: Legoland Good Friday 2011 (picture heavy)
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 12:17:24 AM »
Thanks, Peter.  I think as it was Good Friday, the queues were smaller than normal. The longest queue we encountered was an hour. The Dragon Coaster sign said 40 minutes but we were on it within 20 8)  The water rides were a good 30 to 45 minutes but it was a hot day.

Chris.