Author Topic: Rugby Union World Cup - England V Georgia - HAPPY DAYS!!  (Read 615 times)

BelleVueShrew

Rugby Union World Cup - England V Georgia - HAPPY DAYS!!
« on: September 22, 2011, 12:14:45 AM »
England's second Pool B World Cup group match was at the unearthly time of 7am UK time on Sunday morning just gone.

I set the alarm for 5 minutes prior to kick off - a shock to the system when it went off I can tell you!!!!  :scared:

I just about managed to stay awake and watch it, electing to watch it in bed with three pillows propping me up, whilst all a lot of me wanted to do was ditch one of them and slink back down fully under the covers!!!

As for the game, it was another unconvincing performance, particulalry first half and , while they didn't concede as many penalties as the Argentina game, they still gave away too many and need to learn quickly for the matches  against the bigger sides to come if they are to make real progress.

For the record, England did run out 41-10 winners, but not as comfortable as the scoreline may suggest. England were very grateful to two first half tries from Shontayne Hape (pronounced Happy) to settle them and givethem the catalyst to build on from a very uneasy first 40 minutes. They were also thankful for a second week for wayward penalty taking from their opponents as Merab Kvirikashvili missed a number of penalties.

Full report here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/14959055.stm

Proud Salopian (With a part of the heart in Blackpool)