Author Topic: Ten try England finally announce arrival at World Cup  (Read 861 times)

BelleVueShrew

Ten try England finally announce arrival at World Cup
« on: September 24, 2011, 09:00:44 AM »
England finally showed their pedigree after two unconvincing performances as they trounced Romania 67-3.

Cueto and Ashton both scored a hat trick of tries as England eased past a Romanian side that had rested a few key players in readiness for their game with Georgia later in the week, but you can only beat what is put in front of you and the Lions did it with style.

England are not definitely through to the quarter-finals yet (though that would be confirmed if Scotland beat Argentina tomorrow).

Next up for Martin Johnson's men is the big one against the auld enemy next Saturday, Scotland. 
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 10:53:18 AM by BelleVueShrew »

Proud Salopian (With a part of the heart in Blackpool)

ericbee123

• I am not a number.
    • Blackpool & Layton Angling Society
Re: Ten try England finally announce arrival at World Cup
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 10:09:57 AM »
I got up this morning to watch this.

Highly enjoyable, thought our Conversion Kicking Practice was very good for us, some excellent tight angles converted.

If Scotland win tomorrow, then England and Scotland are through, if they lose, then next weekend is a thriller/killer weekend as the loser could be out.

Although with the points system:

* Win - 4 points
    * Draw - 2 points
    * Loss - 0 points
    * 4 or more tries - 1 point
    * Loss by 7 points or less - 1 point

I think Argentina would need to 'TONK' Scotland and Scotland would need to 'TONK' England.

Can't see either happening, so pretty sure England are through, bar a couple of major upsets.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a prison for oneself.

BelleVueShrew

Re: Ten try England finally announce arrival at World Cup
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 10:52:14 AM »
Agree with that Eric. It would take a major turn of events to see us knocked out now.

Tomorrow will be interesting as I think the Pumas certainly have the capabilities to beat the Scots, although I do hope Scotland win to qualify with the English.

I was impressed with Toby Flood's conversions in the second half. He put a few over from quite acute angles and Johnny Wilkinson's kicking was much better too after his first game nightmare. He only missed very narrowly with his two from out wide.

Proud Salopian (With a part of the heart in Blackpool)