Author Topic: Memory Lane: Remembering the first colour TVs  (Read 653 times)

BelleVueShrew

Memory Lane: Remembering the first colour TVs
« on: November 02, 2011, 09:46:05 PM »
http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/lifestyle/memory-lane/memory_lane_remembering_the_first_colour_tvs_1_3928336

If you are old enough to remember when black and white TV's were the norm (unfortunately I am  :()you may well find this an interesting article from Craig Fleming  :thumbup1:

Proud Salopian (With a part of the heart in Blackpool)

kevinashe

• Valued Poster
Re: Memory Lane: Remembering the first colour TVs
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 06:21:18 PM »
i do remember the old colour tvs,very unreliable and everytime something broke it meant an engineer taking big sections out of the back and replacing them

Sixties_Kid

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 10:08:04 PM »
The very first prog I can remember seeing in colour was The Partridge Family!

Now that IS showing my age!!!  :(
Always look for the positive.....

BelleVueShrew

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 01:31:12 AM »
I was four years old when our first colour TV set appeared at the house I was born in. It was 1969 and not long after we moved, hence why I remember the year we had it.

I remember my Mum in particular making a big fuss about the 'first coloured TV' in the house. I was a bit young to appreciate what all the fuss was really about.

I know we used to have rental TV sets, it was quite popular back then, and I do remember an engineer coming out on several occasions and watching with interest when they opened up the bulky rear end of the set.

Who'd have thought back then that there would be flat TV screens with a set in virtually every room of the house and then watching programmes on contraptions known as laptops, I-pads etc. etc. 

Proud Salopian (With a part of the heart in Blackpool)