Author Topic: New ride at alton towers revealed  (Read 4523 times)

Jones

• Henry Hound
Re: New ride at alton towers revealed
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2012, 09:36:51 PM »
hard luck
Dont go alone

Becca

• Valued Poster
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2012, 10:44:45 PM »
so i'll let you know what i think,

I'd rather you didn't....

oh no no, i cant wait for it! :)

Sixties_Kid

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2012, 12:39:25 AM »
I don't see how Alton Towers and BPB can even be mentioned in the same breath!  ???

One is a theme park, the other is a seaside fun fair!

One is set within landscaped gardens and covers 800 acres, and the other is a 40 acre site at the southern end of the Golden Mile.

And both serve their purpose in offering entertainment to the masses!

So how can you compare the two?  :confused1:

Long term downtime of rides at BPB is a valid point though!

It was never the case when PPR was in operation, 'cos if it was down, it wasn't earning money!!!  >:( 
Always look for the positive.....

Becca

• Valued Poster
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2012, 12:42:33 AM »
Perfectly said! I agree with every word of that post!

I don't know why they are constantly put against each other, but i do just enjoy the arguments when they do crop up though :P
Not that i am argumentative... at all ;)

shimmer

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2012, 11:12:27 AM »

I'm never quite sure what people are referring to with this... Noahs Ark has been down but is still the entrance,  Space Invader was down for a while before being removed,  :confused1:  errr.. what else is or has been 'long term downtime?

BelleVueShrew

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2012, 11:40:24 AM »
Not that i am argumentative... at all ;)

Becca, you're a female (see I'm very observant I am  ;)), of course you are bl***y argumentative - it comes with the condition!!!!  ;)  :P

Proud Salopian (With a part of the heart in Blackpool)

Jones

• Henry Hound
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2012, 09:18:27 AM »

I'm never quite sure what people are referring to with this... Noahs Ark has been down but is still the entrance,  Space Invader was down for a while before being removed,  :confused1:  errr.. what else is or has been 'long term downtime?

The walk/ride through ghost house whos name has escaped me by the fountain has been closed for years as far as i know. Also the whip sat for years before it was taken out together with the old shoot ride, cablecars, the waltza and I think the flume closed on some days. I called in for a ride before it closed and it wasnt on

If pb wasnt trying to be the next Alton Towers they wouldnt be compaired like they are
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 09:20:17 AM by Jones »
Dont go alone

BelleVueShrew

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2012, 02:40:41 PM »
It is the punters like you who are doing the comparing Jones.

I'm not saying the Pleasure Beach isn't keeping an eye on what other theme parks are doing, of course they do. But so will Alton Towers look at Drayton Manor and PB etc. etc.

But frankly I would disagree with you wholeheartedly that the PB is 'trying to be the next AT'

This is frankly turning into a somewhat pathetic 'my Dad is better than your Dad' type argument. Why not just enjoy what both parks have to offer?

shimmer

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2012, 03:03:12 PM »

The walk/ride through ghost house whos name has escaped me by the fountain has been closed for years as far as i know. Also the whip sat for years before it was taken out together with the old shoot ride, cablecars, the waltza and I think the flume closed on some days. I called in for a ride before it closed and it wasnt on

If pb wasnt trying to be the next Alton Towers they wouldnt be compaired like they are

Trauma Towers is a fair comment although I rather like the building as a backdrop to the fountains so I'd forgot it used to be an attraction. I can't recall any of the other rides that you mentioned being 'long-term downtime', yes they've gone, but that's not the point I was making/asking.

Jones

• Henry Hound
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2012, 06:43:48 PM »
Maybe someone else will be able to tell you when the whip shut, i remember it being sat for years before it was taken out, same as the shoot the shoots
Dont go alone

Becca

• Valued Poster
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2012, 07:15:24 PM »
I think this has gone far too off topic, if you really wish to play the two places off each other please make a new topic for it. This topic is about the new rides at Alton Towers, lets keep it to that thanks.

shimmer

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2012, 08:45:44 PM »
Ok Becca quite right , feel free to delete my comments.

BelleVueShrew

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2012, 12:58:56 AM »
I think this has gone far too off topic, if you really wish to play the two places off each other please make a new topic for it. This topic is about the new rides at Alton Towers, lets keep it to that thanks.

Good point Becca.

Maybe split the topic to get it back on track and place all the irrelevant stuff on a separate thread?

Britcitchris

• Media Manager And Unofficial Duke Of Norfolk
  • Valued Poster
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2012, 03:51:01 PM »
So, has anyone been to Towers this year and ridden Nemesis: Sub Terra? Launch reviews from other sites were pretty woeful, stating that it wasn't very good as there were still lots of teething problems and many effects weren't working. The manufacturers were called in almost immediately to get everything ship shape and I have read a more positive review since then.  Personally, I'm more excited about their new Ice Age 4D cinema and naturally the SW7 coaster for next year....

Chris.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 11:52:30 PM by Britcitchris »

Jones

• Henry Hound
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2012, 07:20:14 PM »
Having riden it a number of times I can say its getting better each time you go on

smaller further changes will be made but i have to say the staff make it a sensational experience. well done alton!
Dont go alone