Author Topic: Pleasure Beach Opening Weekend 2012  (Read 2072 times)

Becca

• Valued Poster
Pleasure Beach Opening Weekend 2012
« on: February 13, 2012, 11:15:42 PM »
Finally the begining of the 2012 Season! But what a cold one!

First off i will start with a kind of ridecount. I didnt do as many rides as i could have, but i just took it pretty easy for the weekend, a fair amount of time spent chatting at the fountain though, nice to catch up with people!:)

Big One - 19
I didnt half miss the Big One! Not sure that ride count is totally correct, lost count on saturday, but i did have at least 19 rides over the weekend. The PMBO is running very well, best performer of the weekend for me! Clearly had its coffee in time for the new season :P

Big Dipper - 2
So saturday the dipper was rather sluggish to begin with, nothing new really, a few of us were watching it a bit closer due to how slow it was returning to the station over the last few humps! However, near the end of the day it was giving a great ride, i actually enjoyed it more than roller for the first time, ever! I was surprised! Was back to its normal self on sunday  though!

Roller- 18
ok, streak, but im still not accepting that as its name! :P So other than needing pushed out of the station more often than it ever did before, the old yin still giving great rides as ever, better than the last time i was on, in october, which i was glad of after being so dissapointed by its lack of anything towards the end of last year.

Nash - x2
What will it take for me to avoid the purple train?! I can not believe how slow it has got again. And not only that, half sandbagged! The queue was horrible, with seats unavailable in both trains it was a lot slower. However on a positive note this old yin seemed to do a lot better in reliability this year than many years previous! I am dissapointed by the pathetic rate that the purple train seems to think it is acceptable to travel at!

Wild Mouse - 3
Well, ol mousey didnt have a good start with a couple of us being told it may not operate that day as there was something up with the cars, they soon had that sorted out though and it was running, not as rough and fast as usual it seemed but fun all the same, i think i will give the mouse more time this year, i was never keen on the ride but its growing on me!

Steeplechase
Well, another ride that had a fantastically slow start! Just couldnt make it round the corner by the revolution, had to be pulled round to the lift, it took a long long time to get going, the main reason i went on was to see if it felt as slow as it looked! It did feel pretty slow, but seemed to have sorted out by Sunday.

Ghost Train
Had to be done really, nothing really changed in there though there were subtle things that had been tidied away that i had noticed (and the little dinosaur moved again!) The forresty scene has some slight changes with the way the lighting works but nothing exciting id say.

Alice in Wonderland
After a slight hunch we decided to have a look and see if anything had changed in here, and it had! (And met by a chorus of "OOOOOOOOHHH!! :w00t:) Just one scene and a few subtle aditions to some of the other scenes, quite odd but it doesnt seem to fit in the greatest, but id imagine something like the ghost train through last year and we havent seen the last of the changes... but its only a guess!

River caves
Rode this purely to have a look at the gold mine section, and wow, that is one freaky, yet boring section, but at the same time there is something i like about the enclosedness of it, but it is almost horribly unfinished feeling! But its brilliantly pleasure beach at the same time!

Derby Racer
Not much to say here really... Its a fun ride, probably should do it more often, a nice wee break from the coasters and such.

I was really happy to finally get into the pleasure beach after the brief visit collecting my season pass not so long ago. The first ride had to be the Big One, and it was running great, and got a fair few re rides to start the day off, while a couple of us watched as steeple kept stopping and dipper crawled around, and generally taking in the different things in the park, like the revolution being worked on, which i missed this weekend, dissapointing that it will be a while before its open again!

Something which Peter will have more to add on im sure is the fountain area, more specifically the horrible sign for the new 'SFC' that has shifted the Gourmet Burger place to the side, The gold behind the lettering (on 2 of 3 signs there!) just doesnt fit. A bit picky, yeah, we know, tough, its mentioned now, too late.  :tongue:

Probably a bit more to add but i will get there when i get round to adding a few photos  :)

PETER MOWBRAY

• Live In Blackpool Ltd
  • Admin
  • Live In Blackpool Ltd
    • Welcome to Live In Blackpool, I hope you like it..x
Re: Pleasure Beach Opening Weekend 2012
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 11:46:27 PM »
Superb concise report Becca.. :thumbup1: it was great to catch up with you. Yes the chicken meal sign dominates the fountain area for the wrong reasons. I was hoping to get my report with video tonight but my video was playing up..I have a function on the 14th so it will be Wednesday, worth the wait
BRINGING THE BEST REVIEWS AND BLOGS/VLOGS 

keno

• Valued Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 12:38:19 PM »
Thanks for the report.

Looking forward to the photos from the two of yous. :thumbup:
C.A.F.C

BelleVueShrew

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 03:50:22 PM »
Big One X 19  :scared:

Nice report of how you found the rides operating though Becca  :thumbup1:

Proud Salopian (With a part of the heart in Blackpool)

kevinashe

• Valued Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 07:23:59 PM »
Hopefully the winter corrosion on the rails and tracks will soon be run of and everything will be back to normal operating speeds.Perhaps the fact that it wasnt an extremely cold winter,but a wet and windy one may have some bearing also!!

Becca

• Valued Poster
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 12:10:28 AM »
Just realised how much i typed for a 'quick' report that i hadn't really finished haha

unfortunately my photo's will have to be done tomorrow, had a bit of an issue with them and I've had so much to do recently things are a bit behind!

PETER MOWBRAY

• Live In Blackpool Ltd
  • Admin
  • Live In Blackpool Ltd
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 12:35:38 AM »
Yes posting mine too.. :tongue_smilie: Video is taking 10 hrs to load up on the new version of you tube..might be scrapping it.. :thumbdown:

shimmer

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 12:55:57 AM »
Looking forward to seeing them, thanks Becca and Pete. :thumbup1:

Becca

• Valued Poster
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 11:02:17 PM »
Here we are, some photo's at last. By far not my best, but i do not get on with nasty weather when it comes to pictures!

Thankfully, the pleasure beach was.....

The Rev, very much missed this weekend!

On Sunday, Infusion decided it wasnt moving from the lift for a while, the riders who were daft enough to not dress for the weather were given blankets...

But it was soon going again, but it was down for a bit on saturday too.

This. Just, too much.

Big one, as i said, running very well.

Even in the freezing weather people still run through the fountain  :blink: I'd rather watch though...

So would these guys it seems :P

The Wild mouse, didnt seem so wild this weekend though, still good however!

This guy heard some of the names his ride had been called... he was not happy!

I Didnt spend much time in nick land, other than roller, too bright for me...

Everyone loves watching people being soaked on splash bash though!

Poor Patrick still hasnt caught anything!

These two did though...

Id have an expression a bit like that too if my view was permanently the bright orange streak!

The most pointless ride for anyone over the age of 6  :rolleyes:

Didnt seem to get busy at all this weekend...

Dipper couldnt make up its mind how it wanted to run this weekend, good and bad at points...

Im pretty sure this laid back guy is the one controlling dippers lift!

Valhalla, looking as brilliant as ever!

But it has confused this guy...

He is a bit lost....

I have decided the purple train is just being slow so more people take photos of it...

It was far too cold to do the fliers this weekend!

A very sad sight this, even more so from Dipper or the big one :(

This guy was a big fan of the gold mine... he just saw what happened to it!

On sunday the big one seemed a bit shy and hid in the fog!

Iceblast thought it would try as well since it wasnt even running...

A few random shots to finish off with...

Oh! Who is that i see there! :P

Well i will stop there, nothing else to show really, hopefully there will be nice blue skies to show on my next trip!

PETER MOWBRAY

• Live In Blackpool Ltd
  • Admin
  • Live In Blackpool Ltd
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2012, 01:27:51 AM »
Loving the report and pictures Becca..they are awesome.. :thumbup1:

I will post mine in the morning, I have a little video too.. :w00t: 

shimmer

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2012, 12:22:17 AM »
Good stuff Becca. Love seeing the Big One in the fog.

keno

• Valued Poster
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2012, 01:04:19 AM »
Brilliant stuff, Becca.
C.A.F.C

Becca

• Valued Poster
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2012, 01:05:02 AM »
Thanks guys :)

Be much better when there is better weather though!

keno

• Valued Poster
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2012, 01:39:56 AM »
Yep, i can't wait to see Summer shots :cool:
C.A.F.C

coastercrazyuk

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2012, 04:01:30 PM »
great pics, jealous of those who can see valhalla naked like that as i love seeing behind the scenes.

is gold mine going through a complete re-theme?  when is it due to re-open?  i LOVE the ride and will miss it dearly if the mining theme has been completely done away with :(
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints