Author Topic: Trip report Pleasure Beach 16/05/10  (Read 1997 times)

admin

Trip report Pleasure Beach 16/05/10
« on: May 16, 2010, 10:17:53 PM »
We haven't visited the Pleasure Beach for a few weeks due to other commitments, we visited today for a couple hours.
We had a great time it was very quiet but the sun was shining.. ;)

Nearly every ride with exception of Bling was just about walk on, I am not sure what deals are on at the moment or if Blackpool was just quiet in general but it was quite sad to see it so quiet..

The park is in my opinion still a great place to visit offering quality rides, we love it to bits..
I did notice quite a lot of new ride operators today, had a few mixed experiences, mostly good but a few bad..

Ride op on the Big Dipper with a small beared, he would make an excellent SS Officer in Wehrmacht he bellowed out instructions to people waiting to ride in a very authoritarian manner and the icing on the cake for me was when he said Arms Up  as he lowered the restraing bar.. ;D ;D

He wasnt rude though just very direct.. ;)

Anyway here is a selection of images from our trip today..

Ghost Train..

We spotted Rick Givase (sp) from the office riding the Ghost Train.. ;)

Big Dipper..

Revolution..

The Many Faces of Bradley Mowbray.. ;) ;)

We did the train..

PMBO Collection

Copyright Live in Blackpool.. ;D ;D

Britcitchris

• Media Manager And Unofficial Duke Of Norfolk
  • Valued Poster
Re: Trip report Pleasure Beach 16/05/10
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 10:22:24 PM »
Wow, wow and wow! Those pictures are brilliant. I'm glad you were feeling well enough to go today.

Chris.

admin

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 11:29:15 PM »
Wow, wow and wow! Those pictures are brilliant. I'm glad you were feeling well enough to go today.

Chris.

Thanks Chris, my breathing is better now mate.. 8)

Alex

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 07:52:10 AM »
Great report peter
realy admire your photography as it's great especialy the black and white one of the dipper station and the pmbo shots
aplaud earned!

BlueCobra

• facebook
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 12:58:41 PM »
Excellent report once again peter!  ;)

Bit worrying seeing the park so quiet though.

admin

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 11:19:38 PM »
Thanks for your kind comments..

Excellent report once again peter!  ;)

Bit worrying seeing the park so quiet though.

Yes it is worrying but the park might be happy with it, only they know.
Its very difficult to judge how well they are doing as everybody has contributed something.

I would like to see more visitors though as it creates a nice atmosphere.. 8)

Mister Original

• Site Original
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 11:44:58 PM »
Incredible Trip Report Peter your pictures are excellent   ;D

Peter no forum without you would be a Blackpool based forum  ;D because you are The Mowbray of Blackpool

Back on topic i am quite shocked at Pleasure Beach being too quiet i am sure they are up to something but hopefully it is good

I think i see Gold Mine has returned to it's SBNO Status, Now even if it never opens again i am glad i had one last ride on my classical friend on April 7th this year  ;D

DO YOU LOVE BLACKPOOL - GO TO LIVE IN BLACKPOOL
           A Forum dedicated to the seaside resort

admin

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2010, 08:45:46 AM »
Incredible Trip Report Peter your pictures are excellent   ;D

Peter no forum without you would be a Blackpool based forum  ;D because you are The Mowbray of Blackpool

Back on topic i am quite shocked at Pleasure Beach being too quiet i am sure they are up to something but hopefully it is good

I think i see Gold Mine has returned to it's SBNO Status, Now even if it never opens again i am glad i had one last ride on my classical friend on April 7th this year  ;D

Your very kind, I only do this as a hobby and I think people are liking it.. 8) 8)
I get emails from people who are disabled or are living in Australia/New Zealand, they love seeing and reading the updates from LIB.. 8) 8)

They have told me thats its a relaxed site with exciting updates at first hand.. 8)   

Dave

• Admin
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2010, 09:09:30 AM »
Well I have to selfishly hope that despite the warm weather forecast for this weekend that the Pleasure Beach will once again be quiet.

My first trip of the year finally comes this weekend. Heading down with one of my football mates though so it's going to be a bit different to the normal trips. Roughly translated it means there's going to be gallons and gallons of beer !

Heaven is

welcometomyworld

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2010, 10:50:47 PM »
I agree, great photos Peter and it's without a doubt a very quiet time for the Pleasure Beach at the moment. It's great for those who want to do loads of rides like myself  ;D But from a business point of view it's pretty frightening stuff  :( I hope the Summer Holiday brings in the big bucks!! Loadsa families with heaps of cash in their hand to throw the Pleasure Beach's way, i see this happening...  :)

Britcitchris

• Valued Poster
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2010, 12:34:06 AM »
I agree, great photos Peter and it's without a doubt a very quiet time for the Pleasure Beach at the moment. It's great for those who want to do loads of rides like myself  ;D But from a business point of view it's pretty frightening stuff  :( I hope the Summer Holiday brings in the big bucks!! Loadsa families with heaps of cash in their hand to throw the Pleasure Beach's way, i see this happening...  :)

With the credit crunch  turning  more people to holidaying in the UK, Pleasure Beach Blackpool should be doing their utmost to bring in the crowds....Fingers are firmly crossed!

Chris.

welcometomyworld

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2010, 08:47:29 PM »

With the credit crunch  turning  more people to holidaying in the UK, Pleasure Beach Blackpool should be doing their utmost to bring in the crowds....Fingers are firmly crossed!

Chris.

Mine to

Britcitchris

• Valued Poster
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2010, 09:21:21 PM »
Just  love that smiley :D

Chris.