Author Topic: my visit 17 march  (Read 1365 times)

Jones

• Henry Hound
my visit 17 march
« on: March 20, 2012, 03:01:17 AM »
ok so its been a while since i was at bpb and this weekend let me see all these changes in recent years.

i cant help but think having the ticket point behind you as you walk through the gates is a mistake, but thats said the new building is open with a better organsied system that what was there before.

Im no fan of the rusty donut and the other attractions in the gardens though i mean are they meant to be gardens??? the area over the other side however i liked, but i dont see why you cant go in the water. Also i didnt like that traumatower had been closed down, i am under the impression this hasnt opened for a lot of years now same with the noahs ark which is a shame.

i arrived later in the day than i wanted to the roads were busy, but i got on the following rides

avalcnche 4/10  good, fast ride, lots of good G's
bigdipper 6/10 great fun woodie good airtime. v bad line tho, only 1 cart with a 40min wait
bigone 3/10 boring, 1 cart 90min line
grand national 4/10 again only 1 set of carts, long line, poor race
iceblast 2/10 waste of time
infusion 8/10 best ride here, good loops
monarail 2/10 waste of time, long time to get on
Nstreak 5/10 better than before, a lot faster, good airtime
rivercaves 3/10 poor
splashbash 4/10 fun
steeplechaser 4/10 only on 2 horses
wildmouse 5/10 good fun ride. dangourse tho

some good improvments on park, but clearly they want to sell fast passes so only run rides on 1 cart now.

Dont go alone

BelleVueShrew

Re: my visit 17 march
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 11:17:33 AM »
That seems some long wait times for so early in the season.

An interesting observation that they are running less cars in order to try and push people into buying fast passes. Do others feel that is the case?

Proud Salopian (With a part of the heart in Blackpool)

Becca

• Valued Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 01:03:33 AM »
ok so its been a while since i was at bpb and this weekend let me see all these changes in recent years.
Nice little report, nice to see a new view on the changes to the park. what was the day in general like? - was it an enjoyable day on the whole? :)

i cant help but think having the ticket point behind you as you walk through the gates is a mistake
I dont understand people who say this... it happens like that in the majority of parks...  :confused1:

the area over the other side however i liked, but i dont see why you cant go in the water.
im guessing you mean the fountain? only at times when there is the shows on you cant go in, and thats because of the stronger jets being used as well as allowing people to watch it without a load of people being in the middle of it, which after seeing how it was done in the beginning is a good thing!

Also i didnt like that traumatower had been closed down, i am under the impression this hasnt opened for a lot of years now same with the noahs ark which is a shame.
Trauma towers is now mostly in the ghost train! but other than that everything in there seems to be gone, and has been for a while now. The ark is a real shame though, and missed each visit i get down there!

some good improvments on park, but clearly they want to sell fast passes so only run rides on 1 cart now.
You will struggle to find someone who disagrees with you on the fast pass system, but its not been overly bad that i have seen on the reduced number of trains, i haven't noticed a difference, its still early in the year anyway. Though the number of trains and how quick trains are sent has greatly reduced since pay per ride days sadly

Jones

• Henry Hound
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 01:34:29 AM »
hi becca, yh it was a good day generally, will be back again for a full day hopefully when the revolution and valhalalla is back open.

I cant think of any other park where you enter and have to turnaround to the ticket centre, where yu thinking of? I didn't get to do the ghosttrain with the lines how they were.

v.true about the speed of the rides being sent since ticket days, and it shows.

nickelodeon land however looks good and bright, the rollercoaster whichi didnt rate before is perfect here, and is riding better than i remember too, splashbash looked good for warmer days too.
Dont go alone