Author Topic: The Layton Rakes (Wetherspoon) Blackpool  (Read 6374 times)

lea_uk

• Twitter
Re: The Layton Rakes (Wetherspoon) Blackpool
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2012, 09:07:58 PM »
I'll definitely be going here when I'm in Blackpool in September.

ericbee123

• I am not a number.
    • Blackpool & Layton Angling Society
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2012, 10:45:38 PM »
Confucius he say :

"Man who goes into pub with guest ales and ciders and drinks Fosters, he deserve to pay big"

Seriously though £3.30 is cheap for Liverpool Street area.

Wetherspoons are not daft, they are as cheap as they need to be in the area the pub is.

I have a lot of customers who work in banking in the area. They have no concept of money and it's value. They will spend ridiculous amounts while waiting for a train home. No wonder they messed up the economy. You would have thought being good with money would be per-requisite when working in financial sector.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 07:01:20 AM by ericbee123 »
Questions are a burden to others, answers a prison for oneself.

keno

• Valued Poster
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2012, 10:49:10 AM »
Confucius he say :

"Man who goes into pub with guest ales and ciders and drinks Fosters, he deserve to pay big"

Wetherspoons are not daft, they are as cheap as they need to be in the area the pub is.

I have a lot of customers who work in banking in the area. They have no concept of money and it's value. They will spend ridiculous amounts while waiting for a train home. No wonder they messed up the economy. You would have thought being good with money would be per-requisite when working in financial sector.

I would imagine you would pay closer to £4 for the very same pint now which for a Wetherspoons is a bit excessive.
But as you rightly say it will be one of the 'cheaper' pints around that particular area.
C.A.F.C

cliffc

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2012, 11:07:10 AM »
Confucius he say :

Hi Keno

I think the way that those working in the banking sector have messed up the economy proves that you dont need to be good with money to work in this sector, however wanting to get as much money in your own bank account no matter how you do it may be top of list of requrements to be a banker.

Regards

Cliff C

Clive

• Big One
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2012, 05:31:00 PM »
Layton Rakes is a nice pub, and look after their beer well!
Auctioneer is cheaper.
Now don't tell everyone,  :lol: the Farmers Arms do a good size Sunday Roast for £4.49 (no free pint!!!)
Extra free roast potatoes if required - warning - the meal is already large!
Served on a large rectangular Yorkshire pudding.

Just found on their website 2 free drinks with main meal offer
http://gkpubs.co.uk/pubs-in-blackpool/farmers-pub/
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 05:43:47 PM by Clive »

cliffc

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2012, 01:41:59 PM »
Hi

You are correct in saying all of the Witherspoons menus are the same, we eat in one when we go to London its right outside Baker St underground and i can never remember the name of the place but the menu looks like yours but the prices to be fair to witherspoons are about the same in the London one however the drinks are possibly more expensave in London.

Regards

Cliff C

Wetherspoons in Elstree/Borehamwood inside the M25 is the same price as Wetherspoons on Lytham Road, therefore it is CHEAPER than the two Wetherspoons in Blackpool Town Centre for both food and beer.

The other Wetherspoons in London, that I have been to at Liverpool Street Station, Whitehall and West India Dock at Docklands, all have different prices. There used to be a cheap one in Soho, but that has now shut down.

Hi

Not tyed that one and we normaly stay in Elstree when visiting london its cheaper and then we get a week long all zone rail pass to get into and out of London. But we stay at the travelodge and as this used to belong to Mitchles and Butler its got a nice Toby Carvery attached so we normaly eat there.

REgards

Cliff C

ericbee123

• I am not a number.
    • Blackpool & Layton Angling Society
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2012, 09:09:59 PM »
Cliff

Stayed at that travelodge a couple of times as well as the other travelodge down the road and the Ibis.

The food in Wetherspoons and the Indian over the road from Wetherspoons are both good for food and good value.

Wasn't impressed by the Toby carvery breakfast, but was impressed by the Yorkshire Pudding Mountain - beer is ok in Toby, but much cheaper in Wetherspoons.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a prison for oneself.

PETER MOWBRAY

• Live In Blackpool Ltd
  • Admin
  • Live In Blackpool Ltd
    • Welcome to Live In Blackpool, I hope you like it..x
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2014, 10:01:38 PM »
Cliff

Stayed at that travelodge a couple of times as well as the other travelodge down the road and the Ibis.

The food in Wetherspoons and the Indian over the road from Wetherspoons are both good for food and good value.

Wasn't impressed by the Toby carvery breakfast, but was impressed by the Yorkshire Pudding Mountain - beer is ok in Toby, but much cheaper in Wetherspoons.

Its only taken me 2 years to respond..I hope you are getting updates and might return Eric.. :thumbup1:

I like Toby carvery pubs, no nonsense grub..cant beat it.. :thumbup1:
BRINGING THE BEST REVIEWS AND BLOGS/VLOGS