Author Topic: Eating out for around a tenner  (Read 1521 times)

ericbee123

• I am not a number.
    • Blackpool & Layton Angling Society
Eating out for around a tenner
« on: July 17, 2012, 03:06:52 PM »
Here are some of my favourite eateries doing deals for around £ 10 and all of them are excellent quality (usually).

Constantines Restaurant, Highfield Road, South Shore.
Excellent food, there is a £ 10 'set' menu with excellent choices, with lots of other choices you can add to it with small additional cost or stick to the 'included' items for £ 10 for two courses.

Food is Italian influenced, pizza and pasta, but also lovely steaks  -- my personal favourite Fillet Steak Rossini.

Al Amir Indian Restaurant, Talbot Road, Town Centre
Mid week deal of any starter, any curry, rice and nan for around £ 10, up to about 10pm.

Excellent Indian food, with some interesting twists from your normal curries -- never had a bad meal here.
I can sit in here all night , just at the bar, with simply excellent Cobra Beer flowing.

By The Beach Indian Buffet, Promenade, By The Pleasure Beach!
£ 9.95 eat as much as you like Indian Buffet.

Food regularly refreshed, pig out on the starters, as the mains are not as good as the excellent tastes you get from the starters. Very new and modern and clean.

Jade Delight, Bond Street, South Shore
Chinese Buffet restaurant, around £ 10 depending on day/time.
Always good food, booking advised. Eat as much as you like. Go to the buffet often and get little portions, so you don't waste too much food if you don't like it -- if you find what you like and want to 'pig out' then go for it.

Gurkha Restaurant , Alpine Hotel, Waterloo Road, South Shore
Gurkha restaurant, so a mix of chinese and indian foods. Can be hit and miss these days, but more hits than misses for me. Excellent Large Gurkha Beer. Top tip -- have the Gurkha Lamb Curry last -- and have popadoms and a Large Gurkha Beer ready to cool your mouth.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 03:08:38 PM by ericbee123 »
Questions are a burden to others, answers a prison for oneself.

PETER MOWBRAY

• Live In Blackpool Ltd
  • Admin
  • Live In Blackpool Ltd
    • Welcome to Live In Blackpool, I hope you like it..x
Re: Eating out for around a tenner
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 07:00:33 PM »
Brilliant Eric  :thumbup1:
BRINGING THE BEST REVIEWS AND BLOGS/VLOGS 

keno

• Valued Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 08:14:17 PM »
Nice one Eric!

I tried the Gurkha out a couple of years ago and thought it was ok, but my missus thought it was rather average.
C.A.F.C

ericbee123

• I am not a number.
    • Blackpool & Layton Angling Society
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 08:59:08 PM »
I think the problem with The Gurkha is threefold.

1. It's too popular, so too busy. Sometimes food you want has all gone and refresh rate sometimes slow.

2. You need to like spicy stuff to have everything 'unusual'
The seafood, mussels and squid, in chilli is one of my favourites as is Gurkha Lamb Curry.
If you stick with sweet and sour chicken or chicken and black bean sauce, it is average and lots of chineses are much better.

3. They used to be open Sunday Lunch. We used to go A LOT. Chicken roast, beef and gammon joint with potatoes, etc as well as Chinese and Indian food, finish with Gurkha Lamb curry, for a tenner.
No wonder I am twice the man I used to be :)
Questions are a burden to others, answers a prison for oneself.

keno

• Valued Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 10:46:17 AM »
I think you have just highlighted why she wasn't particularly impressed by these very two meals:

If you stick with sweet and sour chicken or chicken and black bean sauce, it is average and lots of chineses are much better.
C.A.F.C