Author Topic: Well done the British guy  (Read 2307 times)

BelleVueShrew

Well done the British guy
« on: September 11, 2012, 01:40:07 PM »
Formerly known as the 'Surly Scot', I was genuinely pleased for Andy Murray that he came good in the early hours of UK time to win his maiden Grand Slam event.

I was working last night and got in just before midnight and put the tennis straight on. He was two sets to love up and they were just in the early throes of the third when I switched on.

Djorkovic came back strong to take those next two sets to tie it all up and you just wondered if AM had enough in the tank to put in one last effort for the deciding set.

He did not half, and he triumphed 7-5; 7-6; 2-6; 3-6; 6-2.  :thumbup1:

It was a tremendous game of tennis and both players played some exhilerating shots and there were a number of phenomenal rallies played too.

I'm very glad I stayed with it to the end (just before 3am GMT) and the presentations and after match interviews, which went on until 3.30am. A very proud day for British tennis  :thumbup:   

Proud Salopian (With a part of the heart in Blackpool)

Britcitchris

• Media Manager And Unofficial Duke Of Norfolk
  • Valued Poster
Re: Well done the British guy
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 02:17:06 PM »
Absolutley. It's most certainly his year.

Chris.

keno

• Valued Poster
Re: Well done the British guy
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 11:46:15 PM »
After his Olympic glory i could sense he was on the brink of achieving that maiden Grand Slam that had eluded him,
i just had to stay up to watch it and he didn't let us down :thumbup:
One of those evenings where you say to yourself "I watched every minute of action Andy Murray won his first Slam" - one to tell the grandkids  :P

C.A.F.C