Author Topic: Penny Arcade Blackpool..  (Read 3655 times)

PETER MOWBRAY

• Live In Blackpool Ltd
  • Admin
  • Live In Blackpool Ltd
    • Welcome to Live In Blackpool, I hope you like it..x
Penny Arcade Blackpool..
« on: October 05, 2012, 05:06:49 PM »
This is a very unique and a special place to visit..The Penny Arcade opened its doors earlier this year, and its currently situated on the North Pier here in Blackpool..
I say currently, as its going to relocate to somewhere else in Blackpool, when the 2012 Season ends..

Well whats it all about..?

Its an old style arcade that provided fun and entertainment to people on holiday many moons ago.. :tongue_smilie:

This was well before Sega and all the other Japanese giants dominated the World with their 'Hi Tec ' gaming and vibrating chairs.. :tongue_smilie:

If you asked a 15 year old if he knew what a, 'What the Butler'  had seen style arcade machine is, they wouldn't have a clue..

I met a lovely man and owner, introduced himself as Ripley, he informed me that he and his friends, have collected old arcade machines for many years, and they take great pride in their complete restoration.. :thumbup1:

Mr Ripley

Very saucy... :tongue: :tongue:

A Cheeky Chappie.. :tongue_smilie:

Copyright  Live In Blackpool..     
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 05:48:37 PM by PETER MOWBRAY »
BRINGING THE BEST REVIEWS AND BLOGS/VLOGS 

keno

• Valued Poster
Re: Penny Arcade Blackpool..
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 05:55:14 PM »
A good collection and a lot more than what was at the Southport one.

Thanks for the report & photos.
C.A.F.C

BelleVueShrew

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 09:04:03 PM »
Can't wait to spend some old pennies in here in October.

Re-live a good part of my childhood and show Becs and Josh how it used to be in the 'Good Old Days'  :tongue_smilie:

In particular I'm looking forward to playing those old one arm bandits in there. I remember my Dad lifting me as a child to a) put money in the slot at the top and then b)pull the arm to set the reels in motion. If you were lucky you got a cherry and 2p!!!!  :w00t:  The jackpot was 10p  :laugh:

By the way Peter, Mr Ripley isn't the guy I met and had a chat with when I was up a few weeks ago.

Proud Salopian (With a part of the heart in Blackpool)

PETER MOWBRAY

• Live In Blackpool Ltd
  • Admin
  • Live In Blackpool Ltd
    • Welcome to Live In Blackpool, I hope you like it..x
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 09:17:48 PM »
Yes it's got something very special about the place.. He did introduce himself to me as Ripley.. Maybe he thought I was dodgy..
BRINGING THE BEST REVIEWS AND BLOGS/VLOGS 

kevinashe

• Valued Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 12:18:20 PM »
great pictures peter,i remember the ones like the wooden crane of which there was one at pleasureland,and of course the sooty one from the arcade under the flying machines

cliffc

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 12:43:56 PM »
Hi

This is a place i have missed when in blackpool but i remember some of those games from the 60's when i visited Blackpool, I will have to check this place out in there new location as i will not be visiting again now this year.

Regards

Cliff C