Author Topic: Prom accident on camera  (Read 2151 times)

seasiderruss

Prom accident on camera
« on: November 05, 2012, 03:14:24 PM »
There has been various discussions on here about the new prom layout (Springfield Rd --> Chapel St).

I did hear mention of this accident whilst at a petrol station filling up, but didn't see any mention of it in the Gazette so assumed it was just a minor bump or something.

I found this link last night to a youtube video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUZCMFFndrk

Think this happened on Saturday evening  27th Oct.

PETER MOWBRAY

• Live In Blackpool Ltd
  • Admin
  • Live In Blackpool Ltd
    • Welcome to Live In Blackpool, I hope you like it..x
Re: Prom accident on camera
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 11:51:44 PM »
Good find Russ  :thumbup1:
This guy must of been either drunk or on something
BRINGING THE BEST REVIEWS AND BLOGS/VLOGS 

slacker

• Valued Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 12:24:34 AM »
I drove down the prom this evening in the wet and I have to say that it can be quite difficult to discern where the "vehicle" part of the space actually is, because of the light reflection. And while I support the idea of shared space on the prom, I am not now entirely sure they have come up with the best design or used the most appropriate materials.

However, this particular idiot was just not looking where they were going and was not caused by any problem with the physical design.

That said, the driver could claim against the authority for an unlawful obstruction of the highway, as the beacon does not comply with the requirements of the ZPPC Regs 1997.

Education is that which remains after you have forgotten everything else you have been taught.

shimmer

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 02:17:20 PM »
Yes, a bit too easy to simply blame the driver without knowing the facts. Had there been curbs this wouldn't have happened, It is a bit of a nightmare now, especially in the dark and rain. I'm sure it looked great on a computer simulation but the reality is a bit different.