Author Topic: New Pleasureland Southport 2/7/11  (Read 5947 times)

Mister Original

• Site Original
New Pleasureland Southport 2/7/11
« on: July 03, 2011, 07:05:31 PM »
After last Saturday was kind of a boring dull day with minimal rides in New Pleasureland. Me, My Brother and My Dad decided to go back and give Southport another chance and this time the weather was much better (Sunny all day Cool ) and we actually went on the rides today, I decided to get £20 worth of NPL Tokens and I can say, It was a great day Very Happy The Park has regained some more traveling rides which traveled during the past month (including Ice Maze and DA: Wild Mouse) - It was busy in the park today and the atmosphere was on a good level - I've been wanting to go on NPL Rides for some time now after not really going to the Original Pleasureland except from when I was about 2 or 3 (Mum told me, I was that age) and to go on the Last remaining Original Pleasureland Ride; Wild Cat.

Ride Count:
Wildcat x2
Danters Attractions: Wild Mouse x1
Ghost Train x2

Total of Five Rides altogether and I think that me and my brother got our moneys worth  :thumbup1:

Ride Reviews:
Wild Cat - Not as Wild as Wild Mouse in BPB but still packs a punch and is still a Wild Ride
DA: Wild Mouse - Brilliant and forceful for a ride that travels a lot and the spinning adds to the ride experience
Ghost Train - It is a fantastic Ghost Train in my opinion and a good use of the old Fun House building, It incorporates old Pleasureland stuff including salvaged Haunted Inn stuff and does what a Ghost Train is known to do, create a good laugh and a few screams  :w00t:

Also, had a good time around Southport going on the Pier and Penny Arcade  :)

Pictures coming soon  :)

Thank you for reading,
Alex D - Mister Original aka Flying Machine on PBE

DO YOU LOVE BLACKPOOL - GO TO LIVE IN BLACKPOOL
           A Forum dedicated to the seaside resort

keno

• Valued Poster
Re: New Pleasureland Southport 2/7/11
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 08:39:53 PM »
Good report mate.

I know the line-up of rides isn't as good now as it was a few weeks back, but a good day is still to be had at NPL.

Did you take any photos?
C.A.F.C

Mister Original

• Site Original
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 08:05:16 PM »
Here is the pictures from the day  :)

First go on the Wild Cat

The Chair Swings and Ghost Train

Rock N Roll Express

Me and My Brother onboard Danter's Wild Mouse

The Old Pleasureland Pavilion

Some Nostalgia left over from its former home (BPB)  :thumbup1:

Big Apple Coaster

The Frisbee

"Hey! Pleasure Beach Blackpool, It's Adbullah - It seems the Dilemma is over now, but I'm still here waiting for you to come back and pick me up! Getting Tired looking out of this Window now!"

Me in the front along with My Brother riding the Wild Cat Coaster

The New Paratropper

Ski Jump

Twister

Park overview (also seen in the bottom left is the ex-BPB Beaver Creek ride; Helicopters)

Blackpool as seen from the Southport Pier

As you can see Southport was quite busy

Stormski; the park's mascot onboard the Wild Cat rollercoaster

Thanks for looking :) ,
Alex D

BelleVueShrew

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 08:52:32 PM »
Nice photos Alex  :thumbup:

Is it free to get in New Pleasureland?

It is a few years since I have been to Southport and I have never taken Linda and the children. I really must make the effort because I do like Southport.

The photo of yours with Blackpool Tower and the Big One looking across the beach reminds me of when as a child I used to wish I was there instead if we had gone to Southport instead. It looks so tantalisingly close, doesn't it? I remember well badgering my poor parents to take me to Blackpool instead! It must have seemed very ungrateful after they had taken the trouble to take me to the seaside for the day!!  :blush:

Proud Salopian (With a part of the heart in Blackpool)

Mister Original

• Site Original
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 09:16:38 PM »
Nice photos Alex  :thumbup:

It is a few years since I have been to Southport and I have never taken Linda and the children. I really must make the effort because I do like Southport.

The photo of yours with Blackpool Tower and the Big One looking across the beach reminds me of when as a child I used to wish I was there instead if we had gone to Southport instead. It looks so tantalisingly close, doesn't it? I remember well badgering my poor parents to take me to Blackpool instead! It must have seemed very ungrateful after they had taken the trouble to take me to the seaside for the day!!  :blush:

Well, IMO - Blackpool is better than Southport as a Seaside Resort :) It does look close but there is the sea and quick sand in the way lol - Southport doeshave a classic relaxed feel to it but Blackpool is better for its attractions :)

Yes it is free entry into New Pleasureland, you only have to pay for what you go on - £1 a Token :)

keno

• Valued Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 10:11:11 AM »
Nice photos mate, thanks for sharing those with us. :thumbup:

Regarding being able to see Blackpool in the distance from Southport, i have read that quite a few people in the past have tried to walk across the sand to Blackpool! :w00t: obviously unsuccessfully and have then had to be rescued.
Google it  ;)
C.A.F.C

BelleVueShrew

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 11:58:08 AM »
Oh dear!  :ohmy:

Proud Salopian (With a part of the heart in Blackpool)

shimmer

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 03:35:22 PM »
Nice report and nice photo's. I've never been to Southport but I really must make the effort, it looks a nice place.

Britcitchris

• Media Manager And Unofficial Duke Of Norfolk
  • Valued Poster
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2011, 08:39:39 AM »
I enjoyed the report and photos 8)

I went Southport over 10 years ago, when Cyclone was still there and really enjoyed the resort. It looks like a good visit now, considering the change it's gone through (Pleasureland, that is.)  Will have to drag the family there on our next Blackpool visit  :thumbup1:

Chris.

PETER MOWBRAY

• Live In Blackpool Ltd
  • Admin
  • Live In Blackpool Ltd
    • Welcome to Live In Blackpool, I hope you like it..x
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2011, 10:26:20 PM »
A cracking report Mr Original.. :tongue_smilie:

Southport Pleasureland is becoming a very cool place to be.. :thumbup1:
BRINGING THE BEST REVIEWS AND BLOGS/VLOGS 

Winnie

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2011, 11:10:09 PM »
Re swimming to Blackpool - I live in Southport and when I was about 12 me and my dad swam across the ribble estuary, we ended up in Lytham, its not that far, maybe a couple of miles walk (on Banks marsh) and a 20 minute swim.  I wouldn't recommend it though, when you get to the other side there is a lot of quicksand.  We ended up walking up the prom at Lytham and walked round the windmill then had to take the plunge and swim back!  The water is quite mucky, and we needed a good bath when we got home because those marshes stink!!!

Great memory of an afternoon with my dad tho... 8) People seem to be under the impression you can swim to Blackpool but you can't, its Lytham.

keno

• Valued Poster
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2011, 03:04:12 PM »
Re swimming to Blackpool - I live in Southport and when I was about 12 me and my dad swam across the ribble estuary, we ended up in Lytham, its not that far, maybe a couple of miles walk (on Banks marsh) and a 20 minute swim.  I wouldn't recommend it though, when you get to the other side there is a lot of quicksand.  We ended up walking up the prom at Lytham and walked round the windmill then had to take the plunge and swim back!  The water is quite mucky, and we needed a good bath when we got home because those marshes stink!!!

Great memory of an afternoon with my dad tho... 8) People seem to be under the impression you can swim to Blackpool but you can't, its Lytham.

Superb!!! Fair play to you.
C.A.F.C