Author Topic: Alton Towers 6/10/13  (Read 1558 times)

PETER MOWBRAY

• Live In Blackpool Ltd
  • Admin
  • Live In Blackpool Ltd
    • Welcome to Live In Blackpool, I hope you like it..x
Alton Towers 6/10/13
« on: October 21, 2013, 05:01:15 PM »
Alton Towers where dreams come true..?

Loved visiting this theme park situated in the heart of England, I seriously need to visit more frequently but sadly its a 200 mile round trip and I seriously don't have the time..

Its the Scarefest period at the moment so a visit or two is required.. :w00t:

So I begin by saying Smiler..the new ride for 2014..its the first time on it and what an experience..! A World record holder with 14 inversions and yes it did live up to all the hype..

It really is an amazingly crazy ride..serious hardcore but fun..!

The Smiler.. :thumbup:

We joined the single rider Q as the main one was around 2 hours..!

Enter the Oblivion...

Nice Tree's... :tongue_smilie:

Still my favourite ride..Nemesis...

Whinge time.. :sneaky2:

The only let down well 2..we had lunch at the Woodcutter Bar & Grill, nothing flash just burgers, sadly the bread buns were stale..we did tell the manager and she kindly refunded part of the meal..the 2nd let down, we wanted to buy the Monopoly Smiler edition..As Premium Pass holders we get 20% off all merchandise..but they refused to allow it on this item as they would make a loss ( quote ) I stated that it wasn't in the terms and conditions..they did eventually honour the 20% but we had to jump through hoops to get it..!

Anyway..AIR..

finished off by going into the 4D Cinema..I really enjoyed this, I thought that I was in a foam party in Ibiza at one stage.. :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

My next report from Alton Towers will be Scarefest related.. :thumbup1:

COPYRIGHT PETER MOWBRAY & LIVE IN BLACKPOOL

BRINGING THE BEST REVIEWS AND BLOGS/VLOGS 

Britcitchris

• Media Manager And Unofficial Duke Of Norfolk
  • Valued Poster
Re: Alton Towers 6/10/13
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 05:41:34 PM »
Alton Towers is such a lovely park and for me it's B&M heaven, what with Nemesis (my favourite coaster there as well,) Air and Oblivion, all in the same park.

I got to ride The Smiler at the end of the summer holidays and also loved it. Despite finding it bumpy for a new coaster, I came off it thinking 'wow.'  A stunning ride with equally stunning themeing and design.

It's a shame about Woodcutters. You may remember that my family had a dispute with them a couple of years ago and we had to get customer services to resolve the matter.

Hope Scarefest will be fun for you all!

Chris.

keno

• Valued Poster
Re: Alton Towers 6/10/13
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 12:07:31 PM »
AT in all it's glory. :thumbup:

I must admit i had to google the Monopoly Smiler edition as when i read it i didn't realise what it was  :closedeyes: lol..
C.A.F.C