Author Topic: Fleetwood Town FC Promotion Party on the pitch 31st May 2014  (Read 2280 times)

PETER MOWBRAY

• Live In Blackpool Ltd
  • Admin
  • Live In Blackpool Ltd
    • Welcome to Live In Blackpool, I hope you like it..x
After clinching promotion in dramatic style at Wembley in the Division 2 Play Off Final, Fleetwood Chairman Andy Pilley decided against an open top bus style parade, he wanted the people of Fleetwood to have one big party at the Highbury Stadium.. :thumbup1:

To be honest as a Blackpool FC Supporter you can only step back and admire his imagination and foresight,what a brilliant thing to do..

It was my first ever visit to the home of the Cod Army, I was unfortunate to of missed out when Blackpool and Fleetwood met in the FA Cup a few years ago, I had to watch it on a private monitor at Bloomfield Rd..

I can honestly say how impressed I was with ground and its facilities,serious investment by Mr Pilley, and its now starting to reap him rewards..

We arrived at the stadium at lunchtime, and the Cod Army supporters were already in full party mode, the place was absolutely rocking..!  :thumbup:

The atmosphere was tremendous, it was great to see supporters both Young and Old, and Families enjoying this special occasion..

Fleetwood Town FC have come a long way in footballing terms in such a short time, to see them playing in the higher divisions of English football is superb for the club, superb for the fans, and is superb for the town... :thumbup1:

This day was a celebration of what Fleetwood Town had achieved and a way for the club to say thank you to its amazing supporters The Cod Army .... :thumbup1:

Very nice facilities.. :tongue_smilie:

Touch the Pearl

Entertained the crowd.. :thumbup1:

Time for the Fleetwood Town Players and Staff to say thank you to its loyal fans for their tremendous support..

Andy Pilley and Manager Graham Alexandra with the Division 2 Play Off Winner's Trophy.. :thumbup:

Andy Fleetwood is proud of you.. :thumbup1:

The goal scorer.. :thumbup1:

As I was sat in the stands enjoying this amazing sunny weather, I noticed something quite remarkable, Andy Pilley Chairman of Fleetwood Town FC was mingling with his fans and having 'selfies' and just being brilliant.. :thumbup:

I cant think of any Chairman of any football club being so loved and admired by its fans,it was one of those surreal moments and I was fortunate to of captured it on camera..

Brilliant.. :tongue_smilie:

Its always handy to have a pass... 8)

Everybody was enjoying the occasion.. :w00t:

We could even lift the Trophy, it was seriously heavy..

Thanks to Zak for taking this picture of Charlotte, loved how he captured the light glinting of the Trophy.. :thumbup1:

Monkberry take to the stage..

Joe was loving the show... :w00t: :w00t:

Yep Joe is still enjoying it... :tongue_smilie:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Jekyll This group needs absolutely no introduction, they proved to a lot of people watching, that they can actually play and perform on a big stage with a big crowd watching, the secret to a group doing well is when people dance..

They went down very well and we even sold more EP's... :thumbup1:

Introduced by Hayley..

Jekyll performed many of their own material, here is one that they performed..

I do what I can..

https://soundcloud.com/jekyllband-1/i-do-what-i-can

Cramp

https://soundcloud.com/jekyllband-1/jekyll-cramp

People dancing.. :thumbup1:

The People

Blackpool band The People closed the show, another exciting group to entertain the crowd.. :thumbup1:

Introduced by Hayley..

Thank you Fleetwood  :thumbup:

Copyright Peter Mowbray Live In Blackpool Famestage
BRINGING THE BEST REVIEWS AND BLOGS/VLOGS 

dav43

• Valued Poster
Re: Fleetwood Town FC Promotion Party on the pitch 31st May 2014
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 09:47:50 AM »
yet another fantastic report and pics,your getting better as you get older pete :rolleyes:
well done to the cod army well deserved  :thumbup: :thumbup:

PETER MOWBRAY

• Live In Blackpool Ltd
  • Admin
  • Live In Blackpool Ltd
    • Welcome to Live In Blackpool, I hope you like it..x
Re: Fleetwood Town FC Promotion Party on the pitch 31st May 2014
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2014, 06:22:26 PM »
yet another fantastic report and pics,your getting better as you get older pete :rolleyes:
well done to the cod army well deserved  :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thank you Dav, I have acquired a new camera a Nikon D7000 so I am just getting used to it.. :tongue_smilie: :tongue_smilie:

BRINGING THE BEST REVIEWS AND BLOGS/VLOGS