Author Topic: Kevin Kyle ex Rangers amongst others  (Read 1152 times)

keno

• Valued Poster
Kevin Kyle ex Rangers amongst others
« on: July 17, 2014, 09:20:32 PM »
I thought this was worth a post seen as Dave is now back on board :cool:

Kevin Kyle, who used to play for Sunderland, now earns just £800-a-fortnight
These grainy images reveal the amazing descent of former Premier League star Kevin Kyle from international football ace to ship's cleaner.

Reformed gambler Kyle has traded a lavish £10,000-a-week career with Sunderland and Rangers for stacking boxes and cleaning toilets.

The 33-year-old now earns just £800-a-fortnight - a fraction of his former paypacket - working on board a fleet of ships in the Shetland Islands designed to cater for offshore workers

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ex-premier-league-star-swaps-10k-a-week-3871719

You really never know whats around the corner!

Fair play to him for going out there and getting a job though...
C.A.F.C

Dave

• Admin
Re: Kevin Kyle ex Rangers amongst others
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 01:06:00 PM »
Hey Keno,

Yeah, I read this story in the Daily Record up here the other day. Not sure why they deemed it worthy of the front page mind you.

Was a sad story to read but hats off to Kevin for admitting to his many mistakes and now putting in hard graft for the sake of his family. Much like Gary O'Connor and Derek Riordan he had the potential to be a fantastic footballer but couldn't handle the lifestyle.

His signing at Rangers was a complete farce though and they must have had to raid the XXXL rack for his strip. As damning and indictment of where Rangers are at just now as any.

Heaven is

keno

• Valued Poster
Re: Kevin Kyle ex Rangers amongst others
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 07:22:49 PM »
aye i read about Gary O'Connor the other day, now having to live in a £65 per week council house  :blink:
C.A.F.C