Author Topic: The Last Band Standing at the Ferret Preston 1/3/15  (Read 1483 times)

PETER MOWBRAY

• Live In Blackpool Ltd
  • Admin
  • Live In Blackpool Ltd
    • Welcome to Live In Blackpool, I hope you like it..x
The Last Band Standing at the Ferret Preston 1/3/15
« on: March 03, 2015, 11:11:40 AM »
The Ferret pub in Preston hosted its inaugural last band standing competition, I always enjoy these competitions..this was in fact the final.. :thumbup1:

As I arrived and eventually found somewhere to park, I walked into the Ferret pub, its a popular student watering hole as its situated very close to the University of Central Lancashire in Preston..

As I entered the pub it smelt of youth with an electric atmosphere, I could sense the high energy and expectations..

I decided to stand at the back and sip my free glasses of iced H20.. :tongue_smilie:

It was absolutely packed and it was very similar to the sort of clubs that created and molded talented artists..just loved the feel of the place..

First to take to the stage, Sky Valley Mistress.. :thumbup1:

I really liked this group, their stage presence was incredibly good..
The singer demonstrated a full range of vocals, incredibly talented..
The band musically blended really well and portrayed themselves in a very good way..

I would certainly like to see this group again.. :thumbup1:

Next up was Moon and the Beans...

A very popular group with the crowd, full of energy and talent..the singer knew how to play the crowd, he reminded me of a young Mick Jagger to be honest.. :thumbup1:

What did catch my eye with this group was its drummer, an incredibly talented musician..Drummers at times don't get the recognition that other band members receive as they are normally at the back of the stage..
He kept the group in time with his amazing skill.. :thumbup1:

A band that really needs no introduction..Jekyll..
When I say that a group takes to the stage and brings the house down, well I mean it..

One of their finest performances to date, they performed a collection of their own material, including their latest song... :thumbup:

'The Wounds We've Ignored'

http://youtu.be/MY3j2SPffjI

The pub was at this point heaving, it seemed like everyone had just turned up to watch Jekyll..simply awesome performance.. :thumbup1:

They even performed my favorite track..

I do what I can..this will be hit..trust me.. :thumbup1:

http://youtu.be/uUXr3F9LXZM

One sour note, the voting system that they had adopted needs a re-think, I watched multiple voting going on, and the names of the groups performing were NOT in order of appearance on the slip's..

I was at a similar event last August at its neighboring pub The Ships & Giggles, they had the voting system just about nailed, maybe they might want to check them out the next time they host an event like this.. :thumbup1:

Thank you for reading...

Copyright Peter Mowbray Live In Blackpool Ltd

« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 07:16:32 PM by PETER MOWBRAY »
BRINGING THE BEST REVIEWS AND BLOGS/VLOGS 

Soccer Babe

Re: The Last Band Standing at the Ferret Preston 1/3/15
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 04:55:34 PM »
I just love reading your reports Mr M, you captured the event with your unique style  :wub:
Blackpool runs through my veins

PETER MOWBRAY

• Live In Blackpool Ltd
  • Admin
  • Live In Blackpool Ltd
    • Welcome to Live In Blackpool, I hope you like it..x
Re: The Last Band Standing at the Ferret Preston 1/3/15
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 04:56:58 PM »
I just love reading your reports Mr M, you captured the event with your unique style  :wub:

Thank you  :blushing:
BRINGING THE BEST REVIEWS AND BLOGS/VLOGS