Author Topic: Blackpool Armed Forces week 20-26th of June 2016  (Read 1065 times)

PETER MOWBRAY

• Live In Blackpool Ltd
  • Admin
  • Live In Blackpool Ltd
    • Welcome to Live In Blackpool, I hope you like it..x
Blackpool Armed Forces week 20-26th of June 2016
« on: June 29, 2016, 09:30:42 PM »
Blackpool paid their respects to the Armed Forces with this amazing annual event.. :thumbup1:

The annual celebration has been running in Blackpool since 2006 and has become a permanent fixture in the resort’s events calendar.

Armed Forces Week is Blackpool’s opportunity to say thank you to our heroes. From June 20 – 26 the whole resort comes together welcoming serving military personnel, veterans and cadets, with a wide range of activities targeted at them and their families as well as the many thousands of people visiting the resort.

Due to work commitments I was unable to attend many of the events that had been held in the Town..

I was able to attend the Grand Gala Dinner, this was held at the Norbreck Castle hotel, it was a wonderful evening and a Celebration and Commemoration of our brave service Men & Women who had and are still serving our Nation.. :thumbup1:

During the evening various service people gave speeches and anecdotal talks..

One serviceman was 91 soldier who had witnessed the horrors of returning soldiers from Dunkirk bandaged from head to foot with the most indescribable wounds..
His voice wavered as this must of traumatized him as he was only 14 years old at the time..

It inspired him to sign up to fight for his Nation.. :thumbup1:

I missed his name but he is being awarded the highest award in France for his part in the liberation...Ordre national de la Légion d'honneur

On Saturday St Johns Square had been transformed to a 1940's celebration..

It was one huge party that had been greatly received by the respectful public.. :thumbup1:

Looking forward to the 2017 event.. :thumbup1:

Thank you for reading..

Copyright Peter Mowbray Live In Blackpool
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 09:39:03 PM by PETER MOWBRAY »
BRINGING THE BEST REVIEWS AND BLOGS/VLOGS