Author Topic: Alton Towers 20/06/2017  (Read 300 times)

PETER MOWBRAY

• Live In Blackpool Ltd
  • Admin
  • Live In Blackpool Ltd
    • Welcome to Live In Blackpool, I hope you like it..x
Alton Towers 20/06/2017
« on: June 20, 2017, 11:39:56 PM »
A very long and overdue report from one of the best theme parks in the World..Alton Towers Resort.. :thumbup:

Its been around 5 years since I last visited and I plan to return on Sunday, so expect another report..! A bit like a London Bus  :tongue_smilie:

So its a 200 mile round trip for us, but worth it..!

Merlin Attractions if you didn't know own quite a few attractions in the World and you can buy a pass to visit them all for a single price..
I think that they are superb value if you use them, they are currently on sale until the first week of July..

We have Merlin Premium passes, they are a little more expensive than the basic passes..but they can be used in August in London and you get free car parking, otherwise its £6 to park at Alton Towers, not sure what the others charge, but the Premium is the way to go in my opinion.. :thumbup1:

So we arrive in an excited state at Alton Towers.. :w00t:

First ride on a long overdue Nemesis.. :thumbup:
An ultimate thrill seekers dream with plenty of negative G Forces..just love it..

Next up Galactica otherwise known as Air..

Its been re-themed and is very good, just a brief summary...
You partake in a virtual space experience using virtual reality headsets that you put on in the station..
Its very clever and as the ride goes round all you see and feel is the virtual experience in synchronization to the ride..do you follow me..?

You do get the option of wearing a virtual headset, I enjoyed the experience, but next time I prefer to see the ride and feel the wind on my face.. :tongue_smilie:

We made our way to Rita the Queen of Speed..still a very good coaster with an acceleration of 0-60 in 2.5secs..nearly as fast as my motorcycle.. :tongue_smilie: :w00t:

We just had to Q for the front 2 seats.. :thumbup1:

We then made our way to the Pizza Salad buffet meal restaurant..

It was absolutely delicious, with our Merlin passes you also get 20% off anything including meals.. :thumbup1:
The pizza was fresh although I consumed more salad that was lovely and fresh.. :tongue_smilie:

We did the Congo River Rapids next...

Final ride as I needed to be back in Blackpool for a certain time due other appointments.. :w00t:

Duel... :thumbup1:

A brilliant park that we will be visiting frequently  :thumbup1:

Thank you for reading...

Copyright Peter Mowbray Live In Blackpool Ltd

BRINGING THE BEST REVIEWS AND BLOGS/VLOGS 

keno

• Valued Poster
Re: Alton Towers 20/06/2017
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 06:40:55 PM »
I visited on Sunday 25th June and sadly Galactica was closed  :thumbdown:

I enjoy the pizza buffet at AT and think it is great value with drinks included.
C.A.F.C