Author Topic: Live In Blackpool to close  (Read 682 times)

PETER MOWBRAY

• Live In Blackpool Ltd
  • Admin
  • Live In Blackpool Ltd
    • Welcome to Live In Blackpool, I hope you like it..x
Live In Blackpool to close
« on: September 03, 2017, 12:37:29 AM »
1O YEARS..!!!
Sadly and its with great sadness that I have to announce that this version of Live In Blackpool will be closing..

My Team over the years I thank you all and I have made many friends and helped so many with this site..

My plans are to create something much better and modern..

I was forced into making a change by the company that hosts thousands of my images, they want me to pay them more money even though I have paid over the odds for them to host my images..They basically want ransom money from me as they have already started removing images..
http://www.liveinblackpool.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,112.msg501.html#msg501

I still have the images stored on an external site and will rewrite most of them  :w00t:

With the other company wanting more ££££ every year for the Blog and remember I make nothing from it, sadly its not a viable option.

I told them all where to go  and the clock is ticking before they act, but I am one step ahead of them all..

Live In Blackpool is an established name and it will continue..

https://wordpress.com/pages/liveinblackpool.wordpress.com

I will move my domain name Live In Blackpool.co.uk once I have taken everything that I need..

My gratitude to Adz, Dave, Chris,Kryn. Rick Louise and others that have helped me over the years..

Bare with me over the coming months and eventually when the time comes to pull the site I will do it live and say a few words regarding Photobucket that I hope will go viral..!

Thank you

Peter Mowbray and the Team from Live In BLACKPOOL

« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 12:48:20 AM by PETER MOWBRAY »
BRINGING THE BEST REVIEWS AND BLOGS/VLOGS 

dav43

• Valued Poster
Re: Live In Blackpool to close
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 03:02:34 PM »
Will be sorry to see the site go Pete as I have some very good memories of all the posts and people who I have come into contact  with,I'm sure you will create a bigger and better site in which I hope to be involved with  :thumbup: :thumbup:

PETER MOWBRAY

• Live In Blackpool Ltd
  • Admin
  • Live In Blackpool Ltd
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 06:26:55 PM »
Dav I made so many friends like you along the way, its very sad but I know of other blogging sites like mine calling it a day, Scott from the Pleasure Beach Experience another established forum has told me today that they are also closing.. :(

Photobucket have ruined a lot of established websites..

But I have until December 2018 to close but realistically I would have taken what I need months before then.. :thumbup1:

You better keep in touch on the new Blog.. :thumbup1:   

keno

• Valued Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2017, 10:49:30 PM »
I'm sorry to see it come to this but can totally understand the reasonings behind the closure.

Thank you for all the time and effort you have put in to this site from your fantastic photos to your great 'scoops' and brilliant reports..

I have you on twitter so I'll still get to see the great work you do..
C.A.F.C

PETER MOWBRAY

• Live In Blackpool Ltd
  • Admin
  • Live In Blackpool Ltd
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2017, 10:09:05 PM »
I'm sorry to see it come to this but can totally understand the reasonings behind the closure.

Thank you for all the time and effort you have put in to this site from your fantastic photos to your great 'scoops' and brilliant reports..

I have you on twitter so I'll still get to see the great work you do..

Thanks Keno, but we are still around just this version will be going..I want you to be signing up as you and Dav are part of the original sites...

https://liveinblackpool.wordpress.com/