Author Topic: Mr Richard Ryan Manager of Blackpool Illuminations by Peter Mowbray  (Read 9376 times)

admin

Sadly this interview has been lost due to the data crash..

Here are some images from the interview, Richard Ryan kindly allowed me to interview him for Live In Blackpool.
Myself Rick Codona and Chris Mowbray went down to the Illumination dept.
Richard is a very kind man and we spent a long time with him.
He explained all the different projects to us and the Illumination departments professional relationship with Lawrence Llywellyn Bowen  of which he designs quite a few pieces for Blackpool Illuminations.
Richard explained  the importance of using green electricity and low energy bulbs.
The carbon footprint of the illuminations has been dramatically reduced  over the years..

Richard showed us some of the magnificent awards that they had won in recent years..

Some of the amazing awards..

Some recent projects..

Copyright Live In Blackpool..
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 11:23:25 PM by PETER MOWBRAY »

Alex

Re: Mr Richard Ryan Manager of Blackpool Illuminations.
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 09:32:25 PM »
Wow im surprised so this is what the interview was ;)
a great exclusive for live in Blackpool and thanks you for the illuminations department for letting us see this wonderfull exclusive
aplause earned! ;D

Britcitchris

• Media Manager And Unofficial Duke Of Norfolk
  • Valued Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 01:17:00 AM »
An amazing exclusive. Well done boys.

admin

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 09:31:25 AM »
Thanks everybody, it has been a great team effort.
Mr Ryan and his superb staff made this interview happen and we are so grateful, we will be posting the depot shots over the next few days.
We have a lot of images to display and we want to ensure that we get it right.. 8)

BlueCobra

• facebook
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 09:41:56 AM »
WOW.....Top Top Report Peter!

An amazing read and a great behind the scenes insight.

Louise

• Public Relations Manager
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010, 12:37:37 PM »
Wow that was an amazing report and i would like to thank Mr Richard Ryan for giving up his time to speak to Peter Rick and Chris. I only wished that I could of been there to but unfortunately I had to work. The report was of excellent quality and content, I will look forward to the 2010 illuminations as the designs look out of this world. thanks once again for the time and effort of all concerned.

Geordiemark

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 09:34:45 PM »
Excellent  :)

admin

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 09:42:53 PM »
Welcome to the site Mark.. 8) 8) 8)

Richard is a smashing bloke, very passionate about Blackpool and the illuminations.. 8) 

admin

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2011, 09:01:24 PM »
Just updated this topic..

Britcitchris

• Media Manager And Unofficial Duke Of Norfolk
  • Valued Poster
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2011, 12:20:46 AM »
Weird seeing this again but glad it's revived :thumbup1:  More weird was seeing the posts by Whip and Alex....

Chris.

admin

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2011, 12:34:05 AM »
Weird seeing this again but glad it's revived :thumbup1:  More weird was seeing the posts by Whip and Alex....

Chris.

It is, shame about the interview being lost, but some things happen for a reason.. :w00t:

John W

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2011, 09:17:03 PM »
Haven't read this yet until now, what a stunning report :cool:. I never thought I site could get exclusives as good as this. I like the Dino Doom concepts, it looks fantastic. I am glad the illuminations have won so many great awards like this.

Chris.
I am also glad it's been revived as I wouldn't have seen it other wise. Thanks Peter for doing this. Shame those two don't post any more either.

Did you have to pay for such a great interview?
John

admin

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2011, 09:47:24 PM »
Haven't read this yet until now, what a stunning report :cool:. I never thought I site could get exclusives as good as this. I like the Dino Doom concepts, it looks fantastic. I am glad the illuminations have won so many great awards like this.

Chris.
I am also glad it's been revived as I wouldn't have seen it other wise. Thanks Peter for doing this. Shame those two don't post any more either.

Did you have to pay for such a great interview?

Your very kind John, we spent a few hours with Richard, the original interview took me around 3 hrs to write.
It was quite an epic, sadly it was lost but maybe I can do it again in the future.. :thumbup1:

John W

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2011, 10:00:08 PM »
I am Glad you posted this version, Did you record every thing on some kind of tape recorder or something?
John

admin

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2011, 11:37:57 PM »
I am Glad you posted this version, Did you record every thing on some kind of tape recorder or something?

Yes I have an Olympus Dictaphone,the most annoying thing is, I erased it all only a few weeks ago.. :(
But I do think that things happen for a reason, I have a few more people to interview this year.. :tongue_smilie: