Author Topic: Pleasure Beach Report 13/06/10  (Read 2531 times)

admin

Pleasure Beach Report 13/06/10
« on: June 14, 2010, 08:17:49 AM »
With Christopher being unable to attend the Pleasure Beach today due to him starting his new job Jenny, Charlotte's friend joined us..

We arrived at opening time and found that most of the rides were not open until 11am.
We didn't mind as it gave us time to have a chat with some of the staff and to take a few pictures.. 8)

The PMBO was open at 1030, so we joined the que..

A few Infusion shots..

Old Turtle Chase Site..

Some PMBO shots..

Louise went on Infusion..

Charlotte & Jenny met up with us..

Bradley..

Jenny wanted to ride Infusion for the first time, her face was brilliant.. :D :D :D

Jenny did the Big One too, but she didnt like it...

We did the Revolution..

Time to get completely lost in the maze...

Rollercoaster was open..

The Many Faces of Bradley Mowbray

The Mirror Shot...

Bradley caught a large fish... ;)

Not sure whats going on here.. :D :D :D

Some arty shots..

Thanks for reading..

Copyright Live in Blackpool.. 8) 8) 8)

Britcitchris

• Media Manager And Unofficial Duke Of Norfolk
  • Valued Poster
Re: Pleasure Beach Report 13/06/10
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 08:44:19 AM »
Cracking pictures there, Peter. Looks like a great day was had by all (Jenny's face on Infusion was brilliant btw). The park looked shockingly quiet though. I'm still seriously confused by the lack of people on a Sunday....

Chris.

admin

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 08:54:45 AM »
Thanks Chris, the lack of people is starting to worry me now, lets hope that things improve.. 8)

Sixties_Kid

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 09:18:06 AM »
Stunning pics as usual Peter!! I think you missed your True vocation in life lol

Unbelievably quiet for a Sunday in June!!
Lets hope it is starting to worry PB management as well, and that maybe, just maybe, they will admit that they got their strategy WRONG!!!

The key is to invite your customers in, and then encourage them to spend!!!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 09:43:33 AM by Sixties_Kid »
Always look for the positive.....

admin

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 09:59:56 AM »
Thanks Chris, its not yet too late for me to swop careers.. :D

Yes one of things you cant hide away from is how empty the park is looking, I really hope that the new family deals are going to improve things.. 8)

footprints

• Show Manager
  • Forum Supporter
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 11:32:04 AM »
It's not just Sundays that are shockingly quiet... I spent all day there on Saturday and although it was marginally busier than the previous Sunday, the majority of rides still had practically no queue... Infusion, Avalanche, Revolution and Valhalla were all virtually walk-on, PMBO 5-10 mins, Grand National 5 mins... the longest queue looked to be for the Ghost Train! There were enough people there to give the park an atmosphere but for a sunny Saturday in June it was still a very poor number of visitors and shocking to think this was the busiest day of the week!

What do people put the low visitor numbers down to?

Is it a case of history repeating itself and just like there was a 76% fall in visitor numbers at Southport Pleasureland after the charge was introduced, are people now aware of the charge and choosing to stay away from Pleasure Beach?

Is it the case that Pleasure Beach is now reliant on 6 weeks of business in the summer holidays to keep them going throughout the rest of the year?

Is it that Pleasure Beach are making it too expensive for people who want to just come in and do a handful of rides and that unless you get to Pleasure Beach early and spend all day there the park offers poor value for money?

Is the lack of quality shows putting people off?

Is it the lack of investment in new rides?

All or the above?

I've had 2 great days at Pleasure Beach over the last two weekends after just one afternoon at the park in 18 months since the last night of Forbidden in 2008. It's been great to enjoy the park again and I'm looking forward to returning again next month but it's hard to see how the park has a sustainable future if these current visitor numbers don't improve. The park seems a lot quieter than even 2008 and we all know what a bad year that was for Pleasure Beach! Fingers crossed a great summer for the park is just around the corner.

Great trip report, Peter. My ride count from Saturday:

Grand National x6
Rollercoaster x1
Flying Machines x4
Big One x2
Ghost Train x1
Infusion x2
Pleasure Beach Express x1
Beaver Creek Log Flume x1
Valhalla x1
Derby Racer x1
Avalanche x1
Dodgems x1
Revolution x1
Steeplechase x2

Britcitchris

• Media Manager And Unofficial Duke Of Norfolk
  • Valued Poster
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 12:57:09 PM »
Got to be 'all of the above'........

Chris.

admin

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 01:40:23 PM »
Good report Steve, your ride count is very good and relective on a very quiet park..

We still dont know if the BPB are happy with trade, or is within their expectations..

What I do know is that the piers were busy over the weekend.. 

Whip

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2010, 04:10:30 PM »
Cracking trip reports, the artistic ones really shone Peter and you continue to provide the best Pleasure Beach trip reports around, looking forward to the next one.   :)
Unfortunately the Pleasure Beach is rather empty at the moment, but it does mean that ride counts sky rocket compared to normal, so every cloud has a silver lining!
The infusion shots were great too - i'd never thought about that particular viewpoint before - and it enables you to see six riders at a time, absolutely brilliant stuff Peter.  ;)

admin

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2010, 05:35:48 PM »
Thanks Adam.. 8) 8)

Sixties_Kid

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2010, 06:23:00 PM »
I would go with "All of the above" as well.

I cannot believe that they are happy with the current level of business. We have had recessions before, and it's never hit them this badly!

It's striking that when Blackpool's footfall is increasing and the Pier's are doing much better, PB's business still seems to be in decline!

They have gone from a "must pay a visit to PB" to "I don't think I will bother"!!!

Can't be doing much for ego's involved either!! lol
Always look for the positive.....

Alex

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2010, 08:43:00 PM »
great report
was dipper open ???

admin

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2010, 10:11:50 PM »
great report
was dipper open ???

Thanks Alex, The dipper was closed and I did see 2 workman doing some bits in the station.. 8)

BlueCobra

• facebook
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2010, 12:49:03 PM »
Great report again Peter. Surely Pleasure Beach are happy with the amount of business there receiving, and if there not everyone of the management team needs to be sacked. You only need to look around the forums for idea's on how to market the park better etc. It's a strange situation the parks in at the minute, what I would give to be a fly on the wall in the board room!  ;D

admin

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2010, 03:31:53 PM »
Thanks Blue Cobra, I interested to see the data for the last 12 months.. :)