Author Topic: Nickelodeon Land: Coming to Pleasure Beach 2011!  (Read 26786 times)

Taran

• Taran Cameron
Nickelodeon Land: Coming to Pleasure Beach 2011!
« on: July 27, 2010, 10:42:08 AM »
http://www.nickelodeonland.com/

New rides include SpongeBob's Splash Bash, which is an interactive ride where riders have the opportunity to turn the jets onto their friends and blast pesky jellyfish with jets of water for a splashing time. Avatar Airbender allows riders to join Aang on an amazing adventure, spinning and soaring through the air on a giant disk. The Rugrat's Lost River is a rollicking flume ride where you join the Rugrats on their quest to find the mythical Temple of Spoon

Work on Nickelodeon Land will commence in the Autumn of 2010 and is scheduled to open in April 2011.

Spongebob's Splash Bash will be the rumored - 'Twist 'N' Splash' ride.
Beaver Creek Log Flume will become -Rugrats Lost River.
Zipper Dipper will become - Nickelodeon Streak.

CLICK ON THE PARK MAP ON THE LINK FOR A FULL RIDE LIST AND DESCRIPTION!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 10:48:21 AM by Taran »
Going down to Bloomfield Road....To see the Blackpool Aces.... :D

cliffc

Beaver Creak is going to be Nickelodeon Land Official
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 10:44:57 AM »
HI All

I have just had the following from official PB on my Facebook feed on tweet deck

We're delighted to announce the launch of Nickelodeon Land which will open at Pleasure Beach in April 2011. A 6 acre area will be transformed into Nickelodeon Land and will feature 14 rides, 9 will be brand new and 5 will be extensively re-themed existing rides. Nickelodeon Land will feature fan favourites SpongeBob SquarePants and Dora the Explorer. For more information visit our website.

So we are going to have 9 new rides and 5 massive re-themes, with Nickleodeon as partners looks like a busy closed season for the team at BPB, I would think one of the new rides will be the Mack one.

Here is a link to the page from the PB web site

http://www.nickelodeonland.com/
Regards

Cliff C
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 10:48:17 AM by cliffc »

cliffc

Re: Nickelodeon Land: Coming to Pleasure Beach 2011!
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 10:46:17 AM »
Hi

You posted at more or less the same time as me (Admins you may want to merge the threads)

I forgot to add this area gives the PB a much needed family area that will bring in the visitors again, ok its not the new big coaster a lot of people wanted but its 10.5 million of investment in an attraction that should pull in more familys, and give the PB many oppertunitys to sell merchendise to increase there revenue streams.

Regards

Cliff C
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 10:53:59 AM by cliffc »

Taran

• Taran Cameron
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 10:50:58 AM »
Yepp merged it for you.

Taran

• Taran Cameron
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 10:57:52 AM »
They are going to make the area huge......on the map Space Invader 2 has been removed!

And so has the Rollercoaster   - hopefully this is the 'Nickelodeon Streak' wooden roller coaster. If thats the case - then what about the Zipper Dipper? And what if its the other way round and its the Zipper Dipper getting re-themed!?

admin

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 10:59:38 AM »
Hi

You posted at more or less the same time as me (Admins you may want to merge the threads)

I forgot to add this area gives the PB a much needed family area that will bring in the visitors again, ok its not the new big coaster a lot of people wanted but its 10.5 million of investment in an attraction that should pull in more familys, and give the PB many oppertunitys to sell merchendise to increase there revenue streams.

Regards

Cliff C

I also posted this topic as well but have moved it to the deleted thread area.. :D

Ok where do I start with this one..?

Well the key to success is reinvention, the Pleasure Beach is at last moving with the times and creating something special..
I am looking forward to Adams pictures on his site from the official launch.. 8)

Taran

• Taran Cameron
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2010, 11:17:58 AM »
Perhaps the twist and splash will be going in the place of SI2? Or will that be themed into a stage area for Nickleodeon type shows?!

Looks like I was getting mixed up with roller coasters lol - they are both staying and both being re-themed!

This is so exciting! :D

Taran

• Taran Cameron
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2010, 11:55:26 AM »
Heres some more images....

Its going to be fantastic!

They have a DISKO ride! :D

Dave

• Admin
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2010, 02:45:24 PM »
Very very exciting news !

Spongebob Squarepants is absolutely Emily's favourite program in existence so she is ever so slightly over the moon today !

It's great too that we now know RollerCoaster will very much be getting a new lease of life as the "Nickelodeon Streak".

I really cant wait to visit the park to see this.

I'm sure we are going to see plenty of exciting updates both on this site, and of course Pleasure Beach Resort Experience over the coming months that will keep us all glued !

Heaven is

BlueCobra

• facebook
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2010, 04:09:50 PM »
2011 is going to be a very exciting time for the Pleasure Beach!  ;D Cracking news!

Alex

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2010, 09:52:43 PM »
I think this will be great for pleasure beach as this had been on the cards for a long while.
It was quite obivious when rides were being removed that something was going to happen.
Its great to see this.

dav43

• Valued Poster
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2010, 10:02:24 PM »
as this is all great news and bpb is finally going forward i cant help thinking what about the guys and gals who dont have kids what are they going to get to try and lure them too?,i know roller coaster ok but what else,surely they could squeeze a temp ride in or something??

Alex

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2010, 10:05:40 PM »
as this is all great news and bpb is finally going forward i cant help thinking what about the guys and gals who dont have kids what are they going to get to try and lure them too?,i know roller coaster ok but what else,surely they could squeeze a temp ride in or something??
The twist n splash ride(spongebobs splash bash) has an appeal for all ages and is simalar to battle galleons at towers.The disco ride is quite popular with adults as well.

Britcitchris

• Media Manager And Unofficial Duke Of Norfolk
  • Valued Poster
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2010, 11:16:00 AM »
Can anyone clarify the Roller Coaster bit in the announcement? Taran's post says that Zipper Dipper is changing it's name, not the Roller Coaster.

Chris.

Mister Original

• Site Original
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2010, 08:18:00 PM »
Can anyone clarify the Roller Coaster bit in the announcement? Taran's post says that Zipper Dipper is changing it's name, not the Roller Coaster.

Chris.

Hello Chris

Rollercoaster will indeed return in April 2010 as part of Nickelodeon Land under a new guise and name of Nickelodeon Streak

Zipper Dipper will become part of Nickelodeon Land under a new guise and name of Blue Flyer

DO YOU LOVE BLACKPOOL - GO TO LIVE IN BLACKPOOL
           A Forum dedicated to the seaside resort