Author Topic: Nickelodeon Land: Coming to Pleasure Beach 2011!  (Read 27038 times)

Alex

Re: Nickelodeon Land: Coming to Pleasure Beach 2011!
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2010, 05:22:14 PM »
Can anyone clarify the Roller Coaster bit in the announcement? Taran's post says that Zipper Dipper is changing it's name, not the Roller Coaster.

Chris.

Hello Chris

Rollercoaster will indeed return in April 2010 as part of Nickelodeon Land under a new guise and name of Nickelodeon Streak

Zipper Dipper will become part of Nickelodeon Land under a new guise and name of Blue Flyer

I think it will be hard to call the rides these names as you have know them as there other ones for so long.

Dave

• Admin
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2010, 05:26:35 PM »
I guess to oldies like us they'll always be Roller Coaster and Zipper Dipper. I'm guessing the ride experience on either is really going to change much - no bad thing either !

Even after it was renamed Texas Tornado, most folks I knew still called Morecambe's (excellent !) woodie "Cyclone".

At the end of the day though - particularly in Roller Coaster's case it's just great that it's going to be open again as a full time attraction.

Heaven is

Alex

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2010, 05:29:39 PM »
At the end of the day though - particularly in Roller Coaster's case it's just great that it's going to be open again as a full time attraction.
And that there will be only 1 sbno ride that is likely to be removed soon.
Its great that gold mine and the ark will be returning as well as nick land.
The park must be doing well and next year will be a very big year for the park.

Britcitchris

• Media Manager And Unofficial Duke Of Norfolk
  • Valued Poster
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2010, 08:12:22 PM »

Yes, after a very depressing spell, things are defintely  looking  up. I'm feeling much  more upbeat about Pleasure  Beach's  future.

Chris.

Whip

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2010, 08:55:19 PM »

It all depends on whether they open/remove Alpine Golf, Noah's Ark, Gold Mine and Trauma. Hopefully Trauma stays!!  ;D

As far as i'm aware there aren't any published plans to reopen Noah or Mine yet, however Rola will definately reopen as part of the new land. Trauma is unknown as to whether it'll stay or go, and Alpine will be removed in due course.
I do agree with you wholeheartedly that the park is getting better, this will; be a huge year for the park, no doubt about it!

Britcitchris

• Valued Poster
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2010, 09:37:08 PM »
Absolutely. A proper retheme of a large area will make a huge difference to the park. I can't wait.

Chris.

Mister Original

• Site Original
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2010, 01:09:18 AM »
Can anyone clarify the Roller Coaster bit in the announcement? Taran's post says that Zipper Dipper is changing it's name, not the Roller Coaster.
Chris.

Hello Chris

Rollercoaster will indeed return in April 2010 as part of Nickelodeon Land under a new guise and name of Nickelodeon Streak

Zipper Dipper will become part of Nickelodeon Land under a new guise and name of Blue Flyer

I think it will be hard to call the rides these names as you have know them as there other ones for so long.

Not really Zipper Dipper has already had many name changes over the years and Rollercoaster was just a genuine name for the Rollercoaster :D no big deal as long as they are open I don

DO YOU LOVE BLACKPOOL - GO TO LIVE IN BLACKPOOL
           A Forum dedicated to the seaside resort

Alex

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2010, 09:11:41 PM »
I have figuerd some of the rides there.
Avatar air bender looks like a half pipe coaster in that map.But its been mentioned that it will be a disco type ride.
The bus tour thing is a smaller miami a bit like the one at portaventura.(not theming wise.

Avatar air bender ride (america)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v56hwFQQZVs[/youtube]

welcometomyworld

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2010, 08:38:31 PM »
I was told ages ago about Nickelodean showing interest in Beaver Creek and in 2011 it shall all come to fruition which is great  :) As Beaver Creek really needed some new rides and a re-theme and Spongebob is really popular, so I'm sure it will look great!

The Twist & Splash ride though (in my opinion) should be placed elsewhere in the park, as it's very much an adults ride as well as a childrens ride and I suspect with the spend on Nickelodean Land for 2011, that they'll be nothing added for us adults to look forward to - other than perhaps the re-opening of one or two SBNO rides.

I think The Rollercoaster should have the last carriage of the train altered so all riders can ride backwards. It has been done at another park and with the blessing of the HSE to, so I've been told. That would certainly increase the demand for that ride  8)

Britcitchris

• Valued Poster
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2010, 10:23:50 PM »
I was told ages ago about Nickelodean showing interest in Beaver Creek and in 2011 it shall all come to fruition which is great  :) As Beaver Creek really needed some new rides and a re-theme and Spongebob is really popular, so I'm sure it will look great!

The Twist & Splash ride though (in my opinion) should be placed elsewhere in the park, as it's very much an adults ride as well as a childrens ride and I suspect with the spend on Nickelodean Land for 2011, that they'll be nothing added for us adults to look forward to - other than perhaps the re-opening of one or two SBNO rides.

I think The Rollercoaster should have the last carriage of the train altered so all riders can ride backwards. It has been done at another park and with the blessing of the HSE to, so I've been told. That would certainly increase the demand for that ride  8)

That idea for Roller Coaster is brilliant!!!!

Chris.

welcometomyworld

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2010, 08:53:22 PM »

That idea for Roller Coaster is brilliant!!!!

Chris.

Thanks Chris  :)

I could see the queue for that ride increase at least five-fold per week if that did happen and I'm sure many hundred - maybe thousand people would buy a wristband just to experience that coaster going backwards lol. I certainly would go on it and more than once  ;)

Britcitchris

• Valued Poster
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2010, 09:14:48 PM »
I'd be in that queue in a flash!

Chris.

welcometomyworld

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2010, 09:50:27 PM »
I'd be in that queue in a flash!

Chris.

Lol  ;D

Make everyone wear Spongebob costumes as a good publicity stunt on the very first day they add that special backwards carriage and get the North West News reporters down there! It can only be a success for the park and not an expensive one to implement - I would have thought?

Britcitchris

• Valued Poster
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2010, 09:55:52 PM »
100% spot on. The pleasure beach should recruit you for marketing ;D

Chris.

welcometomyworld

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2010, 10:08:18 PM »
100% spot on. The pleasure beach should recruit you for marketing ;D

Chris.

:P I doubt that lol, but thanks..