Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Blackpool News / The Wizard of Oz Pantomime Blackpool North Pier Theatre
« Last post by PETER MOWBRAY on July 27, 2017, 12:45:43 AM »

If you are visiting Blackpool or live here this is a must..!!
With tickets priced from only £8 you are guaranteed to have a wonderful experience, I visited tonight, and to be honest having lived in Blackpool all my life and this was my first visit..!

The show is a modern day version of the classic Wizard of Oz, I did get an exclusive backstage interview with Reece and the amazing cast, but sadly my data card was full and it failed to process..
But I will be back in a few weeks to interview them all again without the Video gremlins.. :thumbup1:

The show itself is fast moving and full of energy with some amazing vocals, Reece plays the brainless scarecrow, but he far from the character that he portrays..

He is a very funny young actor with a very good stage presence .. :thumbup1:

The show started with the traditional intros and then into a catchy number called 'Keep Smiling' Reece gains the attention of the audience with his quick whit and merth.. :tongue_smilie:
This is met with ' Boo's ' and 'Hisses' from the captivated audience as a puff of smoke appears on the stage and the Evil Witch of the West made her appearance..
She really plays this part well, I was loving the interaction from the audience..
The Munchkins and the Good Fairy Glinda take to the stage and perform some lovely songs and dance moves..
It gathers pace when the Tin Man is found and in need of resuscitation with a few drops of oil in strategic places and then the classic behind you as the cowardly lion makes an appearance.. :w00t:

For me the best part of the show was when Reece ate an apple in 20 seconds  and then attempted to sing..!!  :w00t:
It was so funny it had adults and children roaring with genuine laughter...

I need to warn you all though, this show is popular and books up quite quickly..!

1500 packed the theatre tonight to see the opening night, and as word gets out that it is incredible value and a quality show, I don't expect  to see many spare seats..!!

A few pictures of the cast and the amazing theatre but none of the show as I respect the copyright laws..

Thank you for reading and get booking..every Wednesday the Blackpool North Pier Theatre.. :thumbup1:

A short video...

https://youtu.be/hgiGqoGwAMM

Copyright Peter Mowbray Live In Blackpool Ltd & Reece Sibbald Productions

Vlogging / Blackpool Carnival 2017
« Last post by PETER MOWBRAY on July 24, 2017, 11:09:04 AM »
Video footage of the Blackpool Carnival 2017..

https://youtu.be/nPiXEYPyXn4
Vlogging / Kings & Queen of Rock,Pop'N'Roll Central Pier Blackpool 2017
« Last post by PETER MOWBRAY on July 24, 2017, 11:07:49 AM »
A brief 10 minute video from the show, watch it in 1080p if you have this function..

https://youtu.be/wvHOqFk4hqc
Vlogging / Peter meets Blackpool Legend Joey Blower..
« Last post by PETER MOWBRAY on July 24, 2017, 11:06:07 AM »
An interview with Mr Blackpool Joey Blower..

https://youtu.be/wvHOqFk4hqc
Blackpool News / Blackpool Carnival 2017
« Last post by PETER MOWBRAY on July 23, 2017, 07:56:47 PM »
What an amazing Carnival, well done to all those who worked tirelessly to bring this to fruition..!

Blackpool certainly had that Caribbean feel with the glorious Summer weather and the parade certainly didn't disappoint.. 

The Live In Blackpool Team were out in force to bring you the best coverage.. :tongue_smilie:

Video HD Footage of the Carnival..

https://youtu.be/nPiXEYPyXn4

Copyright PETER MOWBRAY Live In Blackpool Ltd

This is the 3rd year in a row that I have had the pleasure to review, this really is a show that has improved on perfection ( if that's possible)  during the time that I have been reviewing it.. :thumbup1:
A big thank you to Robert and Team for inviting the Live In Blackpool Team to pop down.. :thumbup1:
I plan to do some High Definition film  footage in the future with some behind the scenes workings and interviews of this amazing show.. :thumbup1:

This years show has the Performers...Elvis Presley(Clayton Mark), Micheal Jackson( Craig Harrison), George Michael( Lee Raymond) and Whitney Houston (Nikki Belle), Whitney and George exchange places at various times of the year..
The Choreographer in charge is Lucy Rose Smith and she leads her Team to stunning perfection.. :thumbup1:
I get asked quite frequently by people, ' what is the best value show in Blackpool' ?
My reply is always the same..

You are definitely guaranteed a very good night and Children and Families are more than welcome, the behind the bar prices are very reasonable and you can even grab a Hot Dog with everything on it for £3.. :tongue_smilie:

What I liked to see last night  and this every time I have visited is the interaction of the performers with the audience, I am not sure if its because of the way the stage and seating is set out, but it works incredibly well..
The acoustics of this old theatre works well and from various locations I could hear the performers with crystal clarity..
The lighting is much improved this year, and I noticed a near 3D experience during the performance of Thriller by Micheal Jackson..
With all my reports you will notice that I post lots of pictures, I do not make any apologies for doing this as I like to create my reports and blogs with a fullness and I love my photography..
They will be with Vlogs very shortly and that will be something that is quite new and innovative  and easy to watch with interviews.. :tongue_smilie:

The attention to detail of all the performers and dancers is 2nd to none, this show is just brilliant.. :thumbup:

Careless Whisper was just incredible..

Lets come outside.. :thumbup1:

The atmosphere was electric, the sign of a good show is when the audience participates and sings along.. :thumbup1:

I never use the word Tribute Artist in any of my reviews/Blogs..they are Performing Artists in their own right, it takes a special kind of person to take on the appearance and persona of a deceased singer, it takes years of dedication and hard work..

This was really good, the Stage Dancers showed that not only did they look great, dance incredibly well..but they can also sing..!!
The Abba performance was brilliant.. :thumbup:

Behind the scenes these guys are just as important as the performers on the stage..

The lighting and sound Team.. :thumbup1:

And finally...
A huge thank you to the Staff and Management of the Show for making me and my Team feel welcome, I would like to do regular updates and Vlogs ( Video Blogs) from this show and I hope to catch up soon..

EDITED TO ADD...
I was able to salvage 10 mins from last nights data crash..Please watch in HD to experience the best experience..

https://youtu.be/ZDvp4CJ_XRY

Copyright PETER MOWBRAY LIVE IN BLACKPOOL Ltd & Management of Kings & Queens 

Vlogging / Live From Blackpool Tower Circus
« Last post by PETER MOWBRAY on July 16, 2017, 08:58:37 PM »
A Vlog from today's visit to the Blackpool Tower Circus..

Click on the link to view...

https://youtu.be/jRhLo6tMs6E
Vlogging / Live From the Blackpool Tower Top Ride
« Last post by PETER MOWBRAY on July 16, 2017, 07:42:15 PM »
Peter chats with Jordan in the lift of the famous Blackpool Tower ride.. :tongue_smilie: :w00t:

Click on link to see film..

https://youtu.be/I_ERc9JuPqk
Pleasure Beach Trip Reports / Re: Night Riding at Blackpool Pleasure Beach 2016
« Last post by keno on July 09, 2017, 06:44:01 PM »
Some special thoughts there Peter!
Reports from around the World / Re: Alton Towers 20/06/2017
« Last post by keno on July 09, 2017, 06:40:55 PM »
I visited on Sunday 25th June and sadly Galactica was closed  :thumbdown:

I enjoy the pizza buffet at AT and think it is great value with drinks included.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10